Zygor guides arrow with spanish language

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zygor guides arrow with spanish language

Hello, my problem is when i put zygor with my wow in spanish language, the arrow waypoints doesnt work , i tryed to do all the possible arrow solutions in forum , like using tomtom, carbonite arrow , and download the library that was posted but it doesnt work.

The message is unable to create waypoint: ...

The problem dissapears with changing language but im not very good with english.

Hope there is a solution, thanks in advance.

What zone are you currently in? Does it say that error message for all zones and/or every step?
    Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

same problem

Originally posted by Zygor Support 2 View Post
      What zone are you currently in? Does it say that error message for all zones and/or every step?
      I am having the same problem. it works fine in English. But Spanish, it doesn't. Im currently in Deepholm.
      Krozthor

Comment

This is a zone name translation problem. Blizzard decided to make small changes to the different zone names for the foreign languages, primarily capitalizing the words.Please type the following into your chat window while in Deepholm.

/script print(GetRealZoneName())

This should show you the zone name in Spanish in your chat window. Post here exactly how it is in your chat window and we can get you a temporary fix until Zygor can get it fixed in an official update.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Responding to Spanish language issue with Waypoint arrow.

Ok, this zone is not the issue because this is happening in all zones in the game. The waypoint arrow is not shown. I have tried using the Tom Tom and Build-in arrows and no functionality. The following is the message I get from scrolling through the guide one step:

Zygor Guides Viewer: Disconnected from TomTom.
          Zygor Guides Viewer: Waypointing addon selected: Built-in-waypointing
          Zygor Guides Viewer: CreateMapMarker bailing out: c=0 z=nil x=27, y=67.8
          Zygor Guides Viewer: Unable to create waypoint: Deepholm 27.3 67.8

I am on step (86) - of the Deepholm leveling guide. This is just one example. Also i used the /script listed above and nothing appeared in the chat window.

/script print(GetRealZoneName())
          I also tried:
          /script SELECTED_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(GetRealZoneName());
          To no success...

Thanks.
          Krozthor

Comment

Looked it up fast and that was my mistake. The proper command is:

/script print(GetRealZoneText())

The reason we want to double check the Spanish spelling that Blizzard has is because most of the time that error is caused by a bad translation.

Comment

Answer

In English, the Zone name is:
              Deepholm

In Spanish the zone is named:
              Infralar

So the zone has a different name in Spanish... This goes for most zones in the game I noticed.

Thanks
              Krozthor

Comment

Well, this isn't a translation issue this time. The translation file has Infralar spelled correctly. This is a problem that the team will have to look into.

Comment

I assume they will update this thread when they figure out what the problem is? Have you reported it to your development team yet? Thanks,
                  Krozthor

Comment

Are you spanish or mexican?
                    There are different WoW language versiones, esES and esMX.
                    In the esMX part of the library some translations are missing.
                    You can see the status here:
                    http://www.wowace.com/addons/libbabb.../localization/

Comment

We are looking into what may be causing this issue. We will make sure to update you when we get this under control
                      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Latin American Spanish

She's not mexican. She more Latin American Spanish. That's the package we have installed on the computer with Warcraft.
                        Krozthor

Comment

You are right, the official language is Latin American Spanish.
                          The short form Blizzard uses is esMX so I named it Mexican.
                          As you can see at this page there are some Zone names that are not translated and several that need to be reviewed (those needing review seem to be untranslated also):
                          http://www.wowace.com/addons/libbabb.../localization/
                          If Spanish and Latin American Spanish don't differ I can simply copy over the Spanish translations for the missing zone names.

Comment

I have updated the translations at the wowace site (I just used the esES translations for esMX but it seems to be OK) so the next build of the library will include those changes. I also made a modified file available to the Zygor team so they can include it in a guide update.

Comment

Basically, I can expect the waypoint issue to be resolved in the next update of the guide? I reviewed the WowACE website and I see the various zone name changes between the US English and Latin American Spanish versions. Thank you for updating the translatons database.
                              Krozthor

Comment

Working...
                              X