OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Death Knight (55-60) step 109 (Nethergard Keep)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Death Knight (55-60) step 109 (Nethergard Keep)

Eastern Kingdoms 1-60 Death Knight (55-60) step 109 (Nethergard Keep). No more way points from this step on. (CreateMapMarker bailing out)

Zygor Notice: Try updating your guide, running a repair, or clearing out your old addon folders before installing to fix this issue. It doesn't appear to be in the latest version.

Actually running 3.0.1609, did run repair, but way point error still there. Has never been a change since the initial relase of the version 3 guide. I'm running a french WOW client.

Comment

Since you have a French client it might be something to do with zone name translations. Try using the latest version of LibBabble-Zone as a stand alone library. You can get it here: http://www.wowace.com/addons/libbabble-zone-3-0/
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
        Since you have a French client it might be something to do with zone name translations. Try using the latest version of LibBabble-Zone as a stand alone library. You can get it here: http://www.wowace.com/addons/libbabble-zone-3-0/
        I gave this a try but without success. Anyhow the whole guide works quite well for the rest, just have this Death Knight problem.

Comment

There's a new guide update out. Try using the Repair button in the Zygor Updater to make sure it's a good clean install of the guides and it will automatically update you to the newest version at the same time.

Comment

tested the german client and waypoints work for that zone. So it must be related to the french localization inside the library.
            Can you please type the following command in the chat window and post here the output:
            /script print(GetRealZoneText())
            The translation in the library is "Terres foudroyées". If that is not exactly what the command shows then Blizzard again messed around with zone names.

Comment

There's a new guide update out. Try using the Repair button in the Zygor Updater to make sure it's a good clean install of the guides and it will automatically update you to the newest version at the same time.
              Same result, no change at all, see attached print screen.

Version:
              23-12-2010 09-25-36.jpg
              Error:
              23-12-2010 09-08-25.jpg

I did also try to create a bug report from the guide within WOW, but clicking the button didn't do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
                tested the german client and waypoints work for that zone. So it must be related to the french localization inside the library.
                Can you please type the following command in the chat window and post here the output:
                /script print(GetRealZoneText())
                The translation in the library is "Terres foudroyées". If that is not exactly what the command shows then Blizzard again messed around with zone names.
                For me this looks correct:
                23-12-2010 09-36-34.jpg
                The guide is working, just that the waypoints are not correct and the waypoint arrow is missing.

Comment

There is a difference there. It's in the capitalization and the lua files are very dependent on the capitalization. Navigate to your WoW/Interface/AddOns/LibBabble-Zone-3.0 directory (if you still have that as a standalone library being loaded by WoW) and open the LibBabble-Zone-3.0.lua file in Notepad. Now find Terres foudroyées and capitalize it so it reads Terres Foudroyées. Now save the file and go back into the game and the waypoint arrow should start working again.

As for the 4 or 5 lines about parsing, this is a new bug that Zygor will have to fix but should only display that in your chat once per session/ui reload.

Comment

There is a difference there. It's in the capitalization and the lua files are very dependent on the capitalization. Navigate to your WoW/Interface/AddOns/LibBabble-Zone-3.0 directory (if you still have that as a standalone library being loaded by WoW) and open the LibBabble-Zone-3.0.lua file in Notepad. Now find Terres foudroyées and capitalize it so it reads Terres Foudroyées. Now save the file and go back into the game and the waypoint arrow should start working again.
                    This did work like a charm, but:

When it was suggested to add the libbabble-zone-3-0 from http://www.wowace.com, I did added this as an standard addon in the \WOW\Interface\AddOns folder. Correcting the capitalization error in that place didn't change anything.

Then I found out that Zygor does use this lib as well (it's a little bit older, $Rev: 303 $ against $Rev: 307 $) in folder WOW\Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\LibBab ble-Zone-3.0. I deleted that one, replaced it with the latest one and did change the capitalization for "Terres Foudroyées" and that was it.

The next Zygor update will probably destroy these settings again, so please add the newest LibBabble-Zone-3.0 to your guide and make sure that the capitalization for "Terres Foudroyées" is correct.

Comment

That's odd. Having the LibBabble-Zone in the main AddOns directory should have overrode the library that's inside the Guide Viewer directory. Did you have it enabled in game?

Comment

By looking at the library that comes with Zygor guide there is a changed version number in line 11. This was made when there were problems with other localizations so that the guide's library would be loaded until a new library was available. Seems the developer changed the wrong number.

I submitted the change to the wowace site so the next version of libbabblezone will include the new spelling.

Comment

That's odd. Having the LibBabble-Zone in the main AddOns directory should have overrode the library that's inside the Guide Viewer directory. Did you have it enabled in game?
                          Yes the library was enabled in the game.

By the way I found another similar error in step 101 "Death Knight 55-60":
                          ["Eastern Plaguelands"] = "Maleterres de l'est" should be
                          ["Eastern Plaguelands"] = "Maleterres de l'Est".

I'm wondering if Blizzard did not change al the double word french zone names with an uppercase on the second word. May be you could report this to wowace as well so that they could check?

Comment

Seems like Blizzard has messed with a lot of the zone names for non-English clients.

Comment

Originally posted by taralom View Post
                              By the way I found another similar error in step 101 "Death Knight 55-60":
                              ["Eastern Plaguelands"] = "Maleterres de l'est" should be
                              ["Eastern Plaguelands"] = "Maleterres de l'Est".

I'm wondering if Blizzard did not change al the double word french zone names with an uppercase on the second word. May be you could report this to wowace as well so that they could check?
                              OK, I changed the Eastern Plaguelands on Wowace.
                              But I don't trust Blizzard to change all names in the same way.
                              I noticed a few other names that may be incorrect:
                              Burnig Steppes: Steppes ardentes
                              Crystal Song Forest: Forêt du Chant de cristal
                              Western Plaguelands: Maleterres de l'ouest
                              And I did not look over the whole zone names...

Comment

Working...
                              X