X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This just can't be right!!

Well i kinda got an issue here.

This is taken from the new offer of leveling guides 1-85, but i was told the same thing when i purchased the 1-80 for both horde and alliance:

"Don't take the chance on those other guys who take months upon end to update their guides - if it even gets done at all! By securing your copy of our guides today, you'll receive 100% FREE lifetime updates, which are always available quickly after updates are made"

Now here's my problem. I already paid $60 for what i was told was "FREE lifetime updates" and now i have to pay $30 more for the cataclysm "UPDATE", for the last 5 levels, and for the worgen and goblin guide?
    That means i as a "long-term" customer have to pay $90 for what everyone else can buy for $60, even though i was promissed a free lifetime update of the guide?
    This is just wrong. The reason i bought the "whole package" in the first place was that i didnt have to pay for it again, but that's not true?
    I would like an answer to this fast!

To answer your question Avi_d_h, you are confusing the terms of update and upgrade. Think of it as updates being the patches that Blizzard puts out all the time and upgrades as the game expansions Blizzard makes you pay for. The free updates for life applies to the guide content that you already own. Since there was no Cata zones or Worgen/Goblin races when you purchased your guides you didn't own those guides to get the updates. Zygor has always charged a small upgrade fee for adding new guides to cover new races/zones when Blizzard puts out a new expansion.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

First of all, stop calling it a small upgrade fee. $30 is NOT a small upgrade fee for a product that is already paid for. I've read alot of other threats and you keep on calling it a small fee. DONT

Second, you dont have to try and explain this in a nursing way. I know why it is possible for him to charge the extra money, but you cant promise a "free-lifetime update" and then charge extra for every expansion that comes out. I understand that update and upgrade might not be the same, but its not said anywhere that you have to pay half the price continiously everytime blizzard comes out with another expansion.

Think of it this way. I bought a mobile phone that cost me $560. If they wanted me to pay half of that amount ($280) everytime there came an update, and i wasnt informed when i purchased it, i would go out of my mind and consider pressing charges.

I know the amount paid is not the same, but anyway it is a way of pulling money out of something that is paid for. If he doesn't make enough on the price he must either write in the offer that buyers WILL have to pay for it again at some point, maybe at several occasions, or else he gotta raise the purchase price and then give his customers what he PROMISED!

Comment

I do understand what you're saying. To me, personally, the $30 is a small fee compared to the $100 I paid 2 years ago for my guides. Unfortunately the only answer I can give as a moderator is the one I posted. Any other kind of reply to this particular topic will have to come from one of the main Zygor team that we pay our money to for the guides.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Allow me to try and bring some clarity to this situation. Our products are sold by level range, so when you purchased our 1-80 leveling guide you were indeed promised updates...to levels 1-80. When Cataclysm was released we honored this policy by updating your entire 1-80 guides to reflect the new changes, despite the fact that this required us to rewrite the 1-60 portion of our guides entirely from scratch. We have made good on our promises by updating this content free of charge.

Now, levels 80-85 and the new races represent entirely new content that you were never charged for when you originally purchased your guide. Customers interested in this have the option of upgrading to our expanded guides for a fee. It is currently $20.00 per guide and only $15.00 each for both. We consider this fee to be small fee and the majority of our customer base has responded positively to this pricing. We're sorry you feel this is unfair but obviously a requirement of our business is to make some money from time to time to continue giving World of Warcraft players these awesome guides. Of course the decision is entirely up to you but as always we appreciate your continuous support.

If you have anymore questions or comments please send them to us using our Contact Page.
          Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Working...
          X