Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Impressed with SiS ...

... once I tweaked it some.

My first 80 via the guide was pre-SiS and the guide made things easy to complete and speed to 80. My 2nd run to 80 was a bit of a mess
    • 1->58) Used the guide with RAF and BoA bonuses. SiS was able to keep up and skip ahead. I had to adjust the slider to 4 in order to get things to run smoother. Even with that I still skipped the collection quests on one of the two RAF accounts. Things seemed to stay perfectly in-line while doing that.
    • 58->62) Powered through instances with some level 80 friends. I did not use the guide.
    • 63->68) Ran back to back LFG queued as a tank. Did not use the guide at all
    • 68->71) Farmed the never ending stream of bad guys in Howling Fjord (actually got a suspension from Blizzard for doing this that I had to work through). I did not use the guide at all.
    • 72->77) I went back to the guide and mixed LFG with the guide. I was impressed how well SiS was able to get back in sync. Slider was still at four so when I was 75 the guide had me doing 71/72 quests. Since I was still getting 26k XP per turnin I was happy. I slide the slider down to two and after about another 6-8 quests the guide auto-skipped a bunch of quests and put me right into the 74 quests while I was 76. Very impressed
    • 77->80) I changed from the leveling guide to the SoH rep (storm peaks) full guide. The guide went really smooth and SiS was pretty quiet. I guess since I was 77 and the guide thought I should be 78/79. I did have to manually skip the "You should be 79 now, if not grind some" step. Since I was only 3-4 bars into 78 I just skipped that one step and all went well. I hit 80 and still not completed the SoH guide section.

So overall I was impressed for my first real use of SiS. It kept up during the RAF/BoA xp boosts perfectly fine, after adjusting the slider. Then when I came back to the guide after not using it for several levels SiS got me back in sync with minimal effort. My first level 80 was pre-SiS and was also RAF, finding where I should be in the guide was NOT this easy.

As for my level 80 time... you can look at it two ways:
    1) I got to 80 really slow for the XP boosts I had. Well consider that I also wasted time with professions (1st aid @ 450, skinning at 450, mining at 201, BS at 204 after dumping skinning, multiple weapons raised to 275-300 range) and time spent re-speccing, chatting, AFKs and so on. I also did not use a lot of rested XP since I tended to not sleep in Inns.
    2) I got to 80 faster then expected. Well I had a lot of XP boosts and an existing 80 to feed the new toon gold, equipment, enchants and cold weather flying at level 70
    Cairne Realm
    Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
    Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
    Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter
Working...
X