Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regular Group and Cata Upgrade

Hi there,

I'm about to start a new level 1 character with a regular group of 4 people. I have the pre-cata guide and I have a couple of questions.

1. In the past, when running through the guide with a friend, we split the XP for kills and end up below the recommended level after some a little while. Is there a way to keep this to a minimum - we found with 2 people we had to grind a LOT to reach the recommended level to continue on.

2. Is the upgrade for the cata guide only useful once you hit level 80 to obtain the next 5 levels or, is that upgraded guide useful for players below 80?

3. When you have both the levelling guide and dungeon guide, do you just choose when you want to use one vs. the other or does it tell you that you should hit up a dungeon now that you've reached a certain level to gear up?

I'm considering getting my next guide but starting with 4 friends at level 1, I'm not sure if I should spend my money on the dungeon guide or the 80-85 upgrade guide.

Thanks!

1. With how Blizzard has the leveling so linear in the 1-60 area there isn't a whole lot you can do. If you hit a step that says you should be the next level you can normally skip that step and keep following the questing. If you find that you keep hitting those leveling steps and have to skip them you should decline whenever the guide prompts you to move to the next section.

2. The Cata upgrade is really only useful at the lower levels if you want to run a Goblin or Worgen as those starting zones are part of the Cata upgrade. Other than that you'd only need it for the 80-85 levels.

3. You decide which guide you want to do. You will not be prompted to go run a dungeon, they are there to help you once you've gone to a dungeon.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Thanks, one more question. The Dungeon Guide - does it point you to the dungeon quests as well or are they just walkthrough's for the dungeons.

Comment

They are more of a dungeon walkthru right now. The are still in beta however, so I don't know if the final product will point you to the different quests. I think they currently have you pick up the quests that are inside the dungeons, but I don't think they do anything for quests you pick up before entering the dungeons.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
        X