Mac Issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mac Issues?

When I go to run the updater on a mac I am getting the error "zero byte resource" Any ideas to why?

There's something with the Mac OS or the Mac Updater that's causing the Updater to not be able to retrieve the news. This is what causes the zero byte error you see. The Updater still works for getting the guides updated, it's just not displaying the news at the top.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I can't download anything on my mac at all... it just keeps saying "welcome null!" and "downloading update"... without updating. I just bought the new update for the mist of pandaria...

Comment

It seems there's a problem with the update server, I'm getting the following message in the updater:
        Error connecting to the Zygor Guides website:
        Unable to obtain current version.

Maybe the Zygor team is working on something, in the meantime you can download the manual installation zip file from the members section and extract it to your WoW\Interface\Addons folder.

Comment

I just got word that this is being worked on and that is why there are currently some issues. We'll have it back to working normally as soon as we can.

Comment

Server is back up so you should be able to download the guides again.

Comment

Originally posted by mkdier View Post
              When I go to run the updater on a mac I am getting the error "zero byte resource" Any ideas to why?
              I'm still getting this as well on my 10.8 Mac...still works fine, but it's a little disconcerting to be spanked with an "ERROR" every startup...

Comment

We are trying to find a fix for this, but it's not easy because this doesn't happen for every Mac customer.

Comment

It's still happening to me. And on top of that, it is not showing the quests I have already completed in some of the Northrend Zones. It's making it very difficult to work on Loremaster

Comment

The guide not showing quests as completed is most likely an addon conflict of some kind. That will have nothing to do with the Mac Updater bugs.

Comment

I still have the zero byte message, which is not a problem.

But since today the uploader tells me I need to install a new version of the uploader.
                      I went to the members page and downloaded the updater for MAC.
                      It just installed the same updater again and it is not loading guides any more.

In the field where normally my available guides would be listed, it say "null".

Comment

The Zygor team seem to be working on putting the update online (you see the message when trying to download the manual installation file), please be patient.

Comment

I am always patient.
                          I even look like a Panda

Comment

Oh, looking at your name it seems you are German too? Then you better not update the guide before tomorrow as the 5.0.4 guide viewer will most likely not work with an older WoW client.

Comment

I've been getting this error for a few months now as is my wife on her machine. It's annoying as it seems we're doing something wrong or the set up on our machines is not right though we known from the other replies in this thread it's not us (hopefully).

Is there anything we can do as users to provide feedback to help figure out how to fix the issue? Provide you with console logs etc...?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X