No announcement yet.

Talent Builds Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When logging into the game at the character select screen click the Addons button in the bottom left, then scroll down to the Zygor Talent Advisor entry and click the check box a couple times until the check mark turns yellow/orange color. This will make sure it's loaded for all characters.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by pinghansen View Post
      Having read the article Spiritual Guidance: Leveling a healing priest, I have tried to put the spec in Zygor terms, as I'm contemplating starting a new healer. This spec is for running dungeons.
      Thanks! Was looking for an atonement build.

Have you tried to level with it so far? Any changes you would make in hindsight?
      Last edited by krendar; October 1, 2011, 01:14 PM. Reason: added question

Comment

So, I just discovered the wow api again, and for shits and giggles I wrote a short little script that took a specific players build and turned it into a Zygor build file, and noticed there are a few out of date talents in zygor (I have it up-to-date).

The only one I can name specifically is that 'Improved Water Shield' has been changed to 'Resurgence', but

["Improved Water Shield"]=583,

is still in Zygor's build_data. There might be others, haven't checked any other specs yet.

If you use Improved Water shield as the name, rather than its current form of Resurgence, it does seem to work still, which I figure is only true because it has the same SpellID.

UPDATE: Right, Spirit Link Totem is missing, not even there.

Comment

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We see there are somethings that could be updated a little and will get on it.
          Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
          http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I was trying to glyph my Prot Pally and found that there were only 8 Glyphs showing in configuration. Found that in .lua file that Holy Wrath comes up twice as major glyph. Any suggestions as to which major glyph I can use instead

Comment

It seems like this (or something similar) would be an awesome addition to Zygor Guides. The ability to import wowhead or blizzard talent calculator URLs. The buildnn.lua files allow for using the old talent calculator format but I can't find anything that generates it anymore. I know I can brute force the format but I am lazy. I was actually searching the forums for something like this and found a post for a Mac OSX tool (link dead) and this one. I'll keep looking.

Comment

So I put some of my custom Talent builds into Build01.lua (capitalized as shown, 0 is zero). I quit and restarted WoW. The talent builds are not loading. Just to be sure, I copied one of the builds into the file ZygorGuildsBuilds.lua in the same directory and the custom build showed up just like I want -- so the build is good. Any ideas why Build01.lua isn't loading?

Comment

Maybe the actual file name is Build01.lua.txt as Windows by default does not show file extensions for known filetypes. So if you creat a text document with this option turned on you will see it as Build01 without extension. Putting a .lua at the end does not help as it sitll has the .txt extension. You'll either have to turn off the option to not show extensions for known filetypes in the Explorer options or us the save as menu command in notepad and switch to all files (*.*) below the filename, then you are able to save a .lua file.

Comment

I strongly recommend Notepad++ for editing .lua files. It appears to take care of the hidden extension problem.

Comment

I verified the filename from a command prompt already so I know that's not an issue (and I used SciTE which has lua syntax highlighting to do my editing)

Comment

Originally posted by father0fnine View Post
                        I verified the filename from a command prompt already so I know that's not an issue (and I used SciTE which has lua syntax highlighting to do my editing)
                        OK, cool - I use SciTE under Linux but haven't tried the Win32 port.

Comment

If you're having problems, copy/paste the build here and we'll be able to spot if there's any kind of error in it.

Or zip up your Build01.lua file and attach it to a post so we can do some testing on our end to figure it out.
                          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Here's the code ... and I have another issue. I keep getting "Unknown glyph in build: Unleashed Lightning" but it is already known by my Shaman. Here's the code for the lua:

if not ZygorTalentAdvisor then return end

ZygorTalentAdvisor:RegisterBuild("SHAMAN","Private Elemental DPS (34/7/0)",[[
                            3/3 Acuity
                            2/3 Concussion
                            2/2 Call of Flame
                            1/3 Elemental Precision
                            2/2 Convection
                            2/2 Rolling Thunder
                            1/1 Elemental Focus
                            2/2 Elemental Reach
                            2/2 Elemental Oath
                            3/3 Lava Flows
                            1/1 Elemental Mastery
                            1/1 Fulmination
                            1/1 Totemic Wrath
                            1/2 Reverberation
                            3/3 Feedback
                            2/2 Lava Surge
                            1 Reverberation
                            1/1 Earthquake
                            2 Elemental Precision
                            1 Concussion
                            2/2 Elemental Weapons
                            3/3 Improved Shields
                            2/2 Ancestral Swiftness
                            ]],[[
                            Prime Glyph of Unleashed Lightning
                            Prime Glyph of Flame Shock
                            Prime Glyph of Lava Burst
                            Major Glyph of Lightning Shield
                            Major Glyph of Chain Lightning
                            Major Glyph of Stoneclaw Totem
                            Minor Glyph of Thunderstorm
                            Minor Glyph of Water Walking
                            Minor Glyph of Renewed Life
                            ]])

Comment

I put the content into a Build01.lua and the build showed up. To test it I have to respec, will try that later.
                              The build works so far exept the unknown glyph error. Couldn't figure out what's wrong, the glyph is in the Build_Data.lu file and the ID seems to be ok.

Comment

Would someone write this build out for me to put into the talent calculator?

http://wowtal.com/#k=-kicV1Hm.bqj.deathknight.wDWpC

Comment

Working...
                                X