Level 80 Gearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Level 80 Gearing

I just hit Level 80 with a Fury Warrior and tried doing a few heroic dungeons and my gear is not on the same level. I only hit 1500 DPS and everybody else hits 3500-4500 DPS. I am using wrathful gladiators armor set (PVP) and Horned Cobalt Cleavers. The problem is I cant find any where to get better gear, especially WEAPONS. My two handed axes are lvl 70 but they are the best you can buy in AH. How do you get better gear and is it normal to be so low compared to everyone?
    Current toons:
    Wildarms 90 Tauren Warrior Misha
    Maggotfester 90 Undead Deathknight Misha
    Wildaxe 85 Tauren Paladin Misha
    Wildshooter 85 Dwarf Hunter Misha

Currently leveling:

I dont think I could have written a better piece for new 80's than what this guy has done.

http://www.masterofwarcraft.net/2010...r-new-80s.html
    "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Thank you, that helps a huge amount. I will post once I have made improvement as to the success. I had no idea how many things come into play as well as gear.
      Current toons:

Currently leveling:

Comment

Can you provide an armory link for your toon. It might help in identifying those small little details that have a way of seriously dragging down your potential DPS.

While PvP gear can get you by in heroics, it is typically frowned upon in the raids I have gone on. The added resilience that is provided typically comes at a steep price in DPS, due to lower AP, ArPen, and Crit the gear comes with compared to it's equivalent ilvl PvE item.

For weapons, if your rep with the Argent Crusade is revered, you could buy the Argent Skeleton Crusher. The Titansteel Destroyer might be found at the auction house or gather the mats and search for a Blacksmith. The Quartermasters at the Argent Tournament have some weapons that can be purchased with Champion's Seals. These are just a few options for you until something better drops.

If you are a fresh 80, expect your gear to be lower than everone else because they have probably been farming heroics for a while. In time you can be geared as well as them, it just takes some patience. When my DK hit 80, I made him a Titansteel Destroyer and I didn't get a replacement weapon until Edge of Ruin dropped for me in HToC three months later despite running it daily. I had seen it drop many times, but other players won out on the roll.

@Kamchak That's such a nice little guide there, I just had to add it to my favorites. I am looking at leveling a warrior next so it was perfect timing on your part.
        My tanks:
        Losfer 110 Tauren Protection Paladin Area 52
        Prassan 110 Tauren Guardian Druid Area 52
        Theomach 102Tauren Protection Warrior Hyjal
        Paschendale 100 Night Elf Brewmaster Monk Sargeras
        Shangol 100 Troll Blood Death Knight Area 52
        Nassic 100 Blood Elf Vengeance Demon Hunter

My DPS:
        Kastenessen 100 Human Fire Mage Sargeras
        Thoraynayla 110 Orc Marksmanship Hunter Arear 52
        Findail 101 Forsaken Destruction Warlock Area 52

Comment

Originally posted by wowfightersteve View Post
          Thank you, that helps a huge amount. I will post once I have made improvement as to the success. I had no idea how many things come into play as well as gear.
          With regards to your weapon.....

There is a tournament takes place in the arena in Zal'Drak just above the Argent Stand. It is a 5 boss fight to get a pretty darn good weapon choice until you can get better in Heroics.

Get to the tournament grounds (center of zone) and ask in general chat if there are a few in the area that can help you in the tournament. I have never had a problem getting at least 2 other people to help.

At the top of the platform like area there is a couple NPC's, one with a quest. You will get the first quest, fight the boss in the arena, go up, turn in your quest, get the other; rinse and repeat through 5 (I think, or 4) boss fights. The last fight gives you some pretty good weapons to use in dungeons.

Also, get the quests done to open up Halls of Relflection (HOR), Pit of Saron (POS), and the Forge of Souls (FOS). These are the three dungeons in the ICC, and it is where the Battered Hilt drops as well. These three dungeons are worth farming for gear, and keeping an eye out for that hilt. These you should only do after you run you daily random for the EoF.

Comment

Okay I got my argent skeleton crusher, which helped enormously. It was fairly easy too only took me a couple days with zygor. here is Wildarms my fury warrior:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ha&cn=Wildarms

I am still bottom of the barrel with DPS but I am catching on. PVP and Dungeons are different specs, so I changed my talents a bit too according to the gears guide posted earlier. I am going to try and unlock some of those heroics and see what I get the others drop all cloth and leather.
            Current toons:

Currently leveling:

Comment

One more thing worth mentioning here, and not sure if its talked about in that link I posted.

Get to Wintergrasp each and every time you can.

You can use the shards and honor points to get raw gems to have cut for the slots in the gear you're about to get.

Also, once you get your 262 gear pieces, it is worth spending the $$ to get the enchants for them.

Comment

Okay, I have broke 3k DPS. I am still working on my armor but have 3 pieces of T9 gear mixed with the PVP grear I started with, made a huge difference in DPS. What I did was run the ATG dailies and queued for random heroics to get emblems. It turned out to be real easy to get the emblems too if you have wintergrasp. You get a nice weapon from the ATG's champion seals and its fun. Real different from traditional quests. With all the gold I got from the dailies I run I filled all my gem slots. Thanks to all the help. SUCCESS!
                Current toons:

Currently leveling:

Comment

You need 2 sets of gear to be good in both PvE and PvP. Without going into the entire debate/discussion, there are different pieces for a reason, as you have noticed with the increased DPS in a 5man.
                  Resiliance takes away from some of the other important stats you need to be better in PvE, while not having it gets you killed fast in BG's/WG.

Comment

The problem with fury is its very gear dependent. Some easy upgrades for you would be(all drops are i219 under Boes range from 226-245) For pve.

Gear:
                    Teir 9(Everything but chest)
                    Broach of the Wailing Night(EoC)/The executioner's Vice(AH/toc25)
                    Titanium Titanium Razorplate(AH/From BS with toc patterns)
                    Titanium Spikeguards(AH/From a BS with toc patterns)
                    Plated Greaves of Providence(Htoc5)
                    Bent Gold Belt(Normal Pos)/Belt of the Titans(AH)
                    Dexterous Brightstone Ring(EoTs)
                    Purloined Wedding Ring(Normal Pos)
                    Banner of victory(Toc 5 normal)
                    Greatness card(AH)

Weapons:
                    2x Garfrost's Two-Ton Hammer(Normal PoS)
                    Crimson Star(EoTs)

Also, looking at your armory, you are below both the hit(164)/ exp cap(26), both will hurt your dps. Also start doing Knights of the Ebon Blade/Sons of Hodir to get the head/shoulder enchants. It is probably best to gem straight str at your gearlevel with the exception of one nightmare tear to activate the 21agi/3% crit meta.

Comment

How can I tell what my hit and exp rating are? It shows hit rating of 281 and expertise 7/7. Am I reading this wrong?
                      Current toons:

Currently leveling:

Comment

As a Fury warrior with Titan's Grip your hit cap is going to be 361 with 3/3 precision. The expertise rating soft cap which eliminates you attack being dodged is 26 which is about 214 expertise. While hit is nice to have the prevailing opinion among the min/max crowd is that it is more important to reach the expertise soft cap than the hit cap. Since you have not gemmed or enchanted for hit I would not concern myself with your hit rating.

Personally if I was you I would download Rawr, plug your toon in and experiment with gemming and enchants to optimize your DPS, just a little hint, DPS specs gemming for stamina are considered bad. I would also experiment with some different gear starting off with ditching the PvP and tanking gear. I have some doubts about your spec, but I don't know enough about warriors to legitimately question your spec other than to ask if you have issues with rage starvation?
                        My tanks:
                        Losfer 110 Tauren Protection Paladin Area 52
                        Prassan 110 Tauren Guardian Druid Area 52
                        Theomach 102Tauren Protection Warrior Hyjal
                        Paschendale 100 Night Elf Brewmaster Monk Sargeras
                        Shangol 100 Troll Blood Death Knight Area 52
                        Nassic 100 Blood Elf Vengeance Demon Hunter

My DPS:
                        Kastenessen 100 Human Fire Mage Sargeras
                        Thoraynayla 110 Orc Marksmanship Hunter Arear 52
                        Findail 101 Forsaken Destruction Warlock Area 52

Comment

Everything I have read says to make sure you have reached your hit cap before moving on and working other things like DPS, crit, etc. In short what good does a bazooka do a blind man? Sure, he does a ton of damage but only IF he happens to be pointing the correct direction and lucks out and hits the target. Make sure you can hit things then tweak your other stats

Each class, race and raid group will change your cap so consider your soft (grouped) and hard (solo) hit caps. I tend to run a lot of solo and 5-man so I focus on the hard hit cap of 289 for my arcane mage build, which is different then 368 for a frost mage build, which is different then a Dranie arcane build due to heroic presence ... wowwikki has some really good articles for reading, start at the link above and have fun

Oh, and I am glad to see another person recommending rawr from Elitest Jerks. It is an awesome package ... I still like the installed version over their new Silverlight web based one though. But that is just me.
                          Cairne Realm
                          Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
                          Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
                          Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

Just to confirm hit rating is the number used in your hit cap, so if my hit cap is 361 that is what my max hit rating should be.
                            Current toons:

Currently leveling:

Comment

Yup. Hit rating is the number to focus on. That may sound like a hard number to reach but really it is not. I am trying to replace some +hit items with DPS gear because I currently sit about 50 points too high which translates to wasted DPS
                              Cairne Realm
                              Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
                              Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
                              Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

Working...
                              X