No announcement yet.

Level 80 Gearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In response to talent build, rotation, and rage management. Talents I am duel spec'd 1 for DPS and 1 for PVP. My PVP build and gear are great. Just need much better weapons before anybody will let me on there arena team. For my DPS build my rotation is very simple, I am glyphed in cleave, whirlwind, and heroic strike. two or more targets I spam cleave and prioritize whirlwind. If I get excess rage, which means I am getting hit which is not good. I will dump with bloodthirst. Single target I spam heroic strike and prioritize bloodthirst. Excess rage I dump with whirlwind and execute. Buffs I will always keep battleshout up unless commanding is requested by tank, and just offset the use of my trinkets and deathwish. Boss fights are dependent on situation but it will be a mix of the two as necessary. More importantly playing to the fight, interupting spell casting etc.. I carry rage potions if needed, but they usually sit in my bags I rarely run out of rage. I also use elixers both battle/guardian before every instance (very expensive though). I build rage by doing damage, and getting hit which is very bad (fury warriors die easy).

The only thing noticed from yesterday is I run random heroics and got no plate dps drops and I will run 20 - 30 instances a day depending on wether we have wintergrasp. No drops. I run PoS normal tons of drops just have to win the need roll. This I found odd. My new hammer dropped 3 times in a row but had to roll with DK's for it and lost twice won once.
    Current toons:
    Wildarms 90 Tauren Warrior Misha
    Maggotfester 90 Undead Deathknight Misha
    Wildaxe 85 Tauren Paladin Misha
    Wildshooter 85 Dwarf Hunter Misha

Currently leveling:

Comment

I am totally clueless regarding PvP so I stay away from arguments there.

As for PvE, I loaded your toon into Rawr and worked with your gemming and enchants. When I gemmed and and enchanted to reach 361 while ensuring I maintained the meta gem requirements I observed an almost 150 DPS loss compared to gemming for strength and choosing BiS enchants. Trying to meet the expertise cap instead of hit was a 90 DPS gain. This does not include any buffs, since I am not sure what your group composition is.

Striving to reach the hit cap I found nerfed the DPS, due to the fact that it forced you to take less than ideal enchants to achieve the hit cap. As you acquire better gear this will become less of an issue as it will include hit in its stat budget, more gem slots, and you will be able to get the better enchants.

I also took a look at Landsoul's toon of the warrior spreadsheet fame and see that his hit rating is only 161 as a fury warrior. He is expertise capped at 26 but it appears to be only from gear as pretty much all of his gemming is ArPen.
      My tanks:
      Losfer 110 Tauren Protection Paladin Area 52
      Prassan 110 Tauren Guardian Druid Area 52
      Theomach 102Tauren Protection Warrior Hyjal
      Paschendale 100 Night Elf Brewmaster Monk Sargeras
      Shangol 100 Troll Blood Death Knight Area 52
      Nassic 100 Blood Elf Vengeance Demon Hunter

My DPS:
      Kastenessen 100 Human Fire Mage Sargeras
      Thoraynayla 110 Orc Marksmanship Hunter Arear 52
      Findail 101 Forsaken Destruction Warlock Area 52

Comment

Rawr is awsome thank you. I will play with it a little and see what I can turn up.
        Current toons:
        Wildarms 90 Tauren Warrior Misha
        Maggotfester 90 Undead Deathknight Misha
        Wildshooter 85 Dwarf Hunter Misha

Currently leveling:

Comment

Working...
        X