Notice About Elder Scrolls Online Leveling Guides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arxerisdam View Post
    not fully updated and polished = not complete!

Aldmeri Dominion Guide: Updated and polished up to Level 34.
    Daggerfall Covenant Guide: Updated and polished up to Level 38.
    Ebonheart Pact Guide: Updated and polished up to Level 31.

Not complete!

im level 25 and im about to get to 30 in a couple of days or before that, sometimes the guide make you do one or two unnecessary turns, so is not a complete product until it works has it was anounced, so i read i understand but i already pay for something is not complete again why in the hell launch something is not complete really people i repeat myself is not like we arent buying the guides just sell them when the product is ready thats all i ask!!!
    The guides were developed on the beta servers and were complete as far as that version of the game goes at the time of their release. Unfortunately, there were changes made to the addon API and the game itself when the game was switched to the official live servers. So what he said was correct, the guides were complete, but Zenimax made changes to the game which now require us to run through all three guides again to update things and make sure all steps auto-complete.
    Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

You said that the AD guide has been polished to level 34 but the first quests in Molabal Tor still aren't auto-updating.

Comment

The guide is auto updating okay. However, sometimes it throws up an error in chat that reads: "What..? Quest journalIndex=4 has name Banishing the Banish id 20107, expected id 20106". It will still autoupdate but every step change it throws this message up except I noticed the id number will be changed along with the expected id number as well. Now I was in a dungeon before this happened came out did a few steps on guide then it started happening. Still works, just wanted to make you guys aware. Keep up the good work.

Comment

It sounds like you might have picked up a quest somewhere that the guide didn't tell you to do. Did you by chance go into Cyrodil and grab a quest there? Double check your quest journal and see if it looks like there's anything there that the guide didn't tell you to grab and then abandon it.
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Is it possible to use the addon for the zones listed but starting at VR1? Are there a lot of story quests in the chain or are those excluded? If so, can I simply skip them?

Anyone tried this?

Comment

After we get the guides polished up to 50 we will get the Veteran ranks working. Until then you can try this: http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...0-for-everyone

Comment

As a long time user of this guide for WoW - one of the first actually - I was very hopeful for the ESO version, but I have quests all over the place and unless I start new on an alt, without being able to have it fast forward through quests I've already done, or at the least, see where I am and what is in my quest log and go to those .. I fear I've wasted $30. The WoW guides were simply awesome.

Comment

WoW and ESO are made by two different companies and so the addons for the two games work completely differently. WoW provides your quest history to addons so we can know what quests you have done and skip those easily. ESO does not provide the quest history so we do not know what you've done already. We have no control over this, we don't make the game or the addon API.

That said, we are working on a method to help do a 'best guess' on where you should be in the guides and get that implemented. This will help to make it a lot easier to find your spot on a pre-leveled character.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                    It sounds like you might have picked up a quest somewhere that the guide didn't tell you to do. Did you by chance go into Cyrodil and grab a quest there? Double check your quest journal and see if it looks like there's anything there that the guide didn't tell you to grab and then abandon it.
                    Yeah it was because I had another quest that didn't go by the guide. In the future, b/c there might be other quests like this that are not accounted for can a work around be made that will keep that error from popping up if we do get a quest that isn't part of the guide. Because every step u keep going it pops up with error msg so gets annoying to the point of abandoning quest or to hurry up and do that one.

Nice work so far on the guide it is helpful and not too many problems. Great quick responses too. Happy Easter!

Comment

That confirmation will help us to find a way to work around this.

Comment

I looked for a ESO forum to post this in but could not find it ! I'm having problems with my guide on Aldmeri at level 9,the guide keeps resetting my quest back 4-10 quest. This does not allow me to continue due to the guide saying I never completed the quest when I did and did so with the guide working at the time of completion.

This has happen to me 3 times already and I was forced to reroll. It was not a problem at the time due to being lower level but now on the 4th time i'm getting kinda tired of playing this same quest over and over and not being able to get any higher ! Has anyone had these issues ? Does anyone know how I can fix this without remaking my character ? This character I went out of my way and bought all of the Motiffs and everything and I really do not want to start over again.

Thanks

Comment

Try running the Updater and use the wrench icon (lower right) to re-install the guides.

Also, when you say it's resetting quests, do you mean the guide is backing up or that quests are no longer completed according to the game?

Comment

Try running the Updater and use the wrench icon (lower right) to re-install the guides.

Also, when you say it's resetting quests, do you mean the guide is backing up or that quests are no longer completed according to the game?
                            The quest are completed in the game but the guide is saying I never completed them when I did complete them with the use of the guide.

EDIT : The Re install / Repair did not work!
                            Last edited by toxic11b; April 22, 2014, 09:04 AM. Reason: Update

Comment

Yeah, try re-installing the guides. This problem should have been fixed with an update recently.

Comment

Yeah, try re-installing the guides. This problem should have been fixed with an update recently.
                                Fixed. Not sure if it was from the re install or cause of my TBI that's getting in the way =D TBI is the reason I need this guide =*(

The guide rolled back on quest, I logged in and pushed the arrow forward and now its up to where I left off. Not sure if I should feel dumb or not but thanks lol

Comment

Working...
                                X