Pet Talent Configuration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pet Talent Configuration

I see back in 2011 summer, people were having problems with the pet talents. My problem looks slightly different and it occurs on each of my hunters.

ie. On my Survival hunter with a tenacity pet, I chose the build NON Beast Mastery - Tenacity. The configuration then tells me that "this is a build for a Beast Mastery Specialization while you have chosen Survival." and tells me that I have to reset my talents or dual-spec to use the build.

I get the same message no matter what kind of pet when I choose non-beast mastery - whatever
    pet, although I choose appropriate to the pet.

Version of Zygor: 3.3.3572
    No Error
    Alliance
    I always have the problem on several realms, no matter what other add-ons are or are not enabled

Thank you.

Hmm, we haven't had any reports on this in quite a while. I'm thinking that you might have an old copy of the guides that you're using and just don't realize it. When in game right click the Z icon on your mini map and then on the options screen click on the Zygor Guides Viewer entry on the left. What does it display as your guide version at the top of this section?
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

My Zygor Guides Updater shows 3.3.3572 which is the current version.

Odd Stuff Cabby, because I keep my guides updated. Should I delete them and redownload?

Edit: I tried the "Repair" function, but my in game Zygor still says 3.2.2468.

Comment

Settings for the Updater are most likely messed up. Run the Updater and click the Settings. The top 2 boxes are most likely pointing to the wrong WoW installation. Set them to the WoW installation you use (can find it by right clicking your WoW desktop icon and looking in the properties) and it should get everything fixed for you. If you have any problems getting this fixed just send an email in to support@zygorguides.com or cabby@zygorguides.com and we'll work out a time and I'll do a remote session with you to get it all fixed fast.

Comment

The location of the addons was incorrect in the installer, however after I fixed that, installed as it requested, and logged din to Wow Zygor still pointed to the wrong version. Emailing you.

Comment

Just replied.

Comment

Glad to see this is not closed off. We thought we had this licked, Cabby, but each time I update using the Updater, I have the same problem. It updates the actual Zygor Guides Viewer but not the Zygor Talent Advisor. I cannot see any other files of Zygor on my computer (which we decided was the problem last time). My settings in the Updater are correct. I don't know what to do other than maybe delete the updater and re-download.

Comment

What exactly is it doing wrong at this point for the talent advisor?

Comment

I haven't actually played my hunters lately, so in-game I can't say until I do. Since I'm babysitting my 3 young grandchildren for 10 days I'm not sure when I'll have a chance to play.

What happened was I try to keep Zygor up to date and clicked the Updater, saw that it was out of date and updated. Checked the files to see that they were both updated (Viewer and Talent advisor) and saw that the Talent Advisor was not updated (by the date on the files). Used "Repair" on the Updater, checked the files and saw again that the Talent Advisor was not updated (going by date on the file again). Now you have me wondering whether the Talent Advisor always gets updated or not.

Since my last problems, I've got into the habit of checking the dates on the Zygor files after updating, just to see. Quickly checked Wow in game and see that the Gide viewer is the correct version, but the talent advisor for pet says it's not the correct version for my talent (survival). I chose Ferocity, non beastmaster for a cat.

Sorry I don't think I'll have a chance to play enough to level anyone up to another talent for a couple of weeks, so it it would be better, I'll just check in here when I am able to play again. Thanks very much for responding.

Comment

The Talent Advisor doesn't get updated as often as the guides so that's why the version number for it hasn't changed much. For the most part the Talent Advisor doesn't really change unless Blizzard makes changes to the talent system, which they will be doing in a major way with MoP.

I'm thinking it's possible that your saved variables file for the Talent Advisor might be corrupted or have old data in it. Try navigating to your WoW/WTF/Account/accountname/SavedVariables folder and delete the ZygorTalentAdvisor.lua file. This will do a complete reset of all your talent build options for your toons so you'll have to select which build you want for you and your pet. This should hopefully fix that error with it saying that you have a BM pet build selected when you aren't picking one.

Comment

Ok, will try that as soon as I have a chance now and report back, just so you know if it worked. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                      X