Heavenly Voice missing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heavenly Voice missing?

Attempted to create a custom holy priest build which included the Heavenly Voice talent but the talent advisor throws an error stating that it is a bad talent. Is there some other way to specify talents other than the name they show in the interface?

It isn't present in the Registering.lua but I have no idea what numeric value to associate with it to use as a temporary fix.

Then again, maybe this is all just a sign that I shouldn't be trying to use a holy spec and should stick to discipline.

EDIT: For whatever reason, it is called "State of Mind" and not "Heavenly Voice" in the Registering.lua file. Changing my build to match this name works. Of course, if this gets fixed my build will break. Oh well, I'll deal with that if it gets fixed.

First, you have a pretty old copy of the talent advisor because it no longer contains a registering.lua file. That was all moved into a builds_data.lua file at this point. You might want to do a repair in the Updater to make sure all of the old files are gone and don't interfere with anything.

However, you are correct that in the lua files it's still listed as State of Mind (even in the builds_data.lua). We may or may not fix this. It's a fairly minor bug that only affects the custom builds and when MoP is released there will be no more talent builds like this, just a few recommendations is all we'd be able to do.

Edit: Forgot to mention, before you run the repair in the Updater be sure to back up your custom build file because the repair will delete it.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
      First, you have a pretty old copy of the talent advisor because it no longer contains a registering.lua file. That was all moved into a builds_data.lua file at this point. You might want to do a repair in the Updater to make sure all of the old files are gone and don't interfere with anything.

However, you are correct that in the lua files it's still listed as State of Mind (even in the builds_data.lua). We may or may not fix this. It's a fairly minor bug that only affects the custom builds and when MoP is released there will be no more talent builds like this, just a few recommendations is all we'd be able to do.

Edit: Forgot to mention, before you run the repair in the Updater be sure to back up your custom build file because the repair will delete it.
      Builds_data.lua is also there. When I was trying to see if the bug was already reported, I only found reference to the registering.lua in the forums when I was trying to reverse engineer my own fix. I only use custom builds since there is always something that I want to tweak, but if fixing issues isn't a priority that is fine as well. At least at this point, someone searching the groups will find the answer.

Comment

I had already let the guys in the office know about the Heavenly Voice bug before your first post. I'm just not sure if they'll fix it fast or not.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
        X