Still waiting for the other guides to get cleaned up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still waiting for the other guides to get cleaned up

To get some rep, you need to look in dailies and achievement section. To get some achievements you have to look in the dailies, events and rep guides, to do some cooking and fishing dailies you have to install user contributed guides... etc... you get the idea. Ive always hoped that the guides would be organized so that I could find all rep quests in the rep guide, all achievements in the achievements guide, all titles in the title guide.... etc. If they overlapped and you could find the same guide in multiple sections, that would be fine, as long as I could find the guide I was looking for, in a sectioned whose title indicated that's where it could be found.

Ive purchased every Zygor guide (including the D3 guide....ugh), and had a lot of fun playing wow with the guides.... but I always hoped they'd be cleaned up. Every update I thought they'd be fixed, but never were.

So after a couple years, when we got the mop news, I figured that there would be an announcement that this would finally be done.... but nothing. Oh well. I feel that in the end, I didn't get the support/updates I assumed Id receive as a paying customer.

Thanks for improving my enjoyment of wow up to now, but I don't think the bang for the buck is there to warrant spending $110 more.

But I confess, if you came out with a guild wars 2 in game guide, I'd be inclined to give it a look.
    Hasc - Titans of Glory
    Runetotem - Alliance
    http://www.theoldergamers.com
    http://www.lesrobertson.com

I think they already made some guides redundant to show up in multiple sections (dailies and reputation).
    But I didn't look into this and maybe still some of the things need to be looked into.
    If you stumble across such an issue just leave a note here and it will at least find it's way into the bug list.

The reason for the cooking and fishing quests in the other cities except the main capitals not being included in the dailies guide is possibly that they are only necessary for the achievement, no one goes to Darnassus to do the cooking and fishing daily there

Comment

I do Once I've got the achievements I do my dailies in Darnassus (and TB for my Hordies). Nice and quiet and never any competition for quest objectives.

Comment

I think those are in the Achievements guide right now. I know the IF and Darnassus fishing dailies are in the Achievements guide.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Yes Cabby, the are part of the achievements guide. But they can also be part of the dailies guide too, that's what ral_partha meant by needing to use the custom guide if you only own the dailies guide and want to do them somewhere else.

Comment

see.. this is what I mean. When even the zygor gurus dont know where to look for a certain guide, things are a bit "hazy" hehe.

All rep gain guides should be in the rep guides section
            all ach's should be in the ach's section.
            al titles should be in the titles guide

and so it goes, and so it goes :-)
            Hasc - Titans of Glory
            Runetotem - Alliance
            http://www.theoldergamers.com
            http://www.lesrobertson.com

Comment

I think the main issue is that if we start moving guides around from where they are then we'll start to deprive people of a guide that got moved.

For example, most people would think of the Argent Tournament Grounds as more of a rep guide because you're building rep with them to get at the gear. This guide is part of the Dailies guides. If we moved it from Dailies over to Reputations then anyone who owns the Dailies and not Reputations will lose the guides they've had since the Dailies guides were released.

Comment

I don't know how the coding works, but I would think that it should be possible to reference the guides in more than 1 location to make it a bit easier to find. And if the same thing is linked in more than 1 location, it wouldn't be a matter of "i don't see this here any more, why was it removed"

Comment

We have started to do something similar to that fifogigo, but it's a time consuming process to get that done. I don't know how many guides would be integrated like that.

Comment

If you're referring to how in some guides it says "use this other guide to accomplish this task" then you will be pleased to know we are reworking our guides so that each guide can be used independently instead of requiring you to swap between different guides.
                    Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Admin View Post
                      If you're referring to how in some guides it says "use this other guide to accomplish this task" then you will be pleased to know we are reworking our guides so that each guide can be used independently instead of requiring you to swap between different guides.
                      Great!

I'm currently doing Loremaster in Outland, and it's kind of a pain to be swapping between both the leveling and loremaster guides with each zone.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                        I think the main issue is that if we start moving guides around from where they are then we'll start to deprive people of a guide that got moved.

For example, most people would think of the Argent Tournament Grounds as more of a rep guide because you're building rep with them to get at the gear. This guide is part of the Dailies guides. If we moved it from Dailies over to Reputations then anyone who owns the Dailies and not Reputations will lose the guides they've had since the Dailies guides were released.
                        The point that Rai was making is that the argent tournament guide should be in both places. Under dailes and under reputations.

Comment

Working...
                        X