Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mm ..the full upgrade to all 5 new guides is $110 mmm tooo much for guides ..the ORGINAL GAME price is 25% of the guides ...lol guides prices is 400% of the game price...man make real price please...we are waiting to see your price drop too low....

Comment

Originally posted by yapani View Post
      mm ..the full upgrade to all 5 new guides is $110 mmm tooo much for guides ..the ORGINAL GAME price is 25% of the guides ...lol guides prices is 400% of the game price...man make real price please...we are waiting to see your price drop too low....
      Not really a fair comparison if you're not going to factor in the WoW subscription. If you want to make a fair comparison you should look at TCO over the life of the expansion.

Comment

Originally posted by mzanker View Post
        Not really a fair comparison if you're not going to factor in the WoW subscription. If you want to make a fair comparison you should look at TCO over the life of the expansion.
        well if you take the cost of the expansion 39.99 and 2 years of subscription time 360.00 that gives us 399.99 for wow and 110 to upgrade the guide.

Now compare the cost to the lines of code in each and you will see the guide is far more expensive per line of code the the game

Comment

Last time I checked ZG does not force you to update all the guides at the same time. I too have all the guides and per-ordered just the leveling guide. Since that will help the most at the start of MoP. If needed I will slowly upgrade the rest in due course. Hopefully there will be a sale after MoP and I can get the other guides for cheap. If $110 is too much just order the leveling guide and wait for a sale or buy only what you need. Just my two cents.

Comment

Just upgraded my leveling guides for $30 (both horde/alliance) seems pretty fair to me. But maybe it would be an idea if you introduced some sort of discount if you owned multiple of the guides and wanted to upgrade all of them. Just a thought

Comment

I thought you'd have a great fee for upgrading but after seeing that it's $110 to upgrade all, then the answer is no.

Many of us have stuck by you. Myself being one. But one of your competitors had grabbed my attention and I'd taken the opportunity to invest. Just to check it out. I got a very nice email that informed me that I would be getting a free upgrade. Sadly, I'm unemployed so the fee of $110 is beyond me for the moment. I was willing to pay a discounted fee but instead find a higher price than expected.

Maybe I'll do a few parts but having to decide is also posing a problem. For the moment, I shall wait. Zygor has always produced a great guide and I've always used it, with just a little break.

Comment

Sadly, I too will not be able to justify paying $110 for a set of guides I have already sunk money into. This upgrade is priced the same as a nearly complete NEW set of the competitor's guides which include *free* upgrades for MoP content. You are making a huge mistake with this. I like your guides but I cannot afford to keep paying that much for them. I own ALL of them, so you've made you money off me, but thats the end of your income from me. Sorry to go, but I just don't see the value being there at that [rice point.

Comment

and then when those guides are ready to get updated with the next expansion, you'll talk about how that competitor is now bending you over.

Ahh the entitlement.

You either feel you are getting a good value or you are not. Nobody owes you anything. You paid for guides, you got guides. You had those guides, the ones you paid for, every time you played since you bought them. That was the deal. Pay for guides, get guides... Nobody implied that you would get freebies or discounts at a later time did they?

No...

But you want them. Which is fine.

But you think you are entitled to them and somehow are being treated unfairly when you dont get your way. '

"But the competition....." but but but blah blah blah.....

Its the same people that bitch about how their phone, cable, internet, providers only give new customers deals. You were a new customer too once. You got your deal.

If you want to play the game of "oh yeah, whattya gonna give me?" go ahead. See how fun that is.

Or just shut up, decide whether or not the updated content is worth it, and go play.

Comment

With regard to the pricing of the guides. My upgrade fee will only be $35. I only have the Levelling and dailys guides. I dont know why it is costing people so much to upgrade unless you have the obsolete professions / mounts pets and reputation guides.
                    The profession guides are not really useful, you can find that information elsewhere if you know where to look.
                    The mounts and pets guide will take you to all the racial vendors for your faction and tell you what boss drops what mount.
                    A question about the mount guide though... Does it give you detailed steps on how to get the Bloodbathed Frostbrood Vanquisher or the Ironbound Protodrake. I doubt it. As far as the mounts from the Argent Grounds go this is covered in the dailys and events guide (along with a few other low % drop rate mounts) its just means doing hundreds of level 80 dailys.
                    And the reputation guides are or should be covered in either the loremaster and or dailies parts of the guides. With most of the factions, for you to get to exalted it will involve running through some dungeons wearing a tabard (Wrath and racial city), running instances (Outlands) or doing lots of dailys (kaluak, sporegar) or grinding mobs (Timbermaw Hold, Goblin Towns and Ravenholdt).

Nearly all of the guides should be included in either one or the other. With the exception of the Mounts and Professions, but as I said these are pointless IMO.That is the reason I will not be buying them.
                    ' Judge not, less thee be judged yourself ' James Hetfield.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Faethor/simple

Comment

You know the comments on this thread remind me of the vitriol that used to get thrown around before Apple talked sense to the audio industry and came up with a way to market their product widely at sensible price points. How many people stopped pirating their music when a sensible pricing policy was introduced via itunes?
                      Zygor, you are trashing the brand equity that you have laboriously and expensively constructed over the last few years.
                      I hear the comments re "entitlement" made above by Eighteez....but he/she is missing the point.
                      It's not about whether the customers are right or wrong in what they are feeling...at the end of the day they are Zygor customers expressing a strongly held view.
                      Zygor can refuse to listen or respond adequately...as seems to be the case at present....but history would suggest they'll lose more than they gain. Every business manual in the world will tell you that retaining existing customers is far more cost effective than seeking new ones.
                      C'mon Zygor...listen to your customers...offer a loyalty discount before they all jump ship!

Comment

Bye zygor.. goodluck with your business.. i'm gone.. i won't pay such redicilous prices =(

Comment

Just to put my own point in as one of the "entitled people", the answer is simple, i may WANT this guide, but i don't NEED any guide, though I can AFFORD a competitors guide and not this one, so either i will either not buy a guide at all, or will go get the one I can afford. Zygor can counter with a list of each individual guide being cheaper, but going to a competitor will save me more money overall....and that's just sad.

Comment

At the end of the day it all comes down to choice. IF you choose to buy the guides fair enough buy them, I am sure they will be just as good if not better then the ones we already have. If you decide not to buy them thats is also your choice. But please take one thing into account. It was US the community that said a subscription method of payment was a bad idea, so Jon and the rest of the developers agreed with US. At the end of the day Zygor have created some good excellent guides for us to use. I am getting Mists of Pandaria and will eventually purchase the guides to go with it (only the Levelling and dailies on alliance) as they are the only ones that I need. Please Zygor keep up the good work. If it wasnt for your guides I would still be wondering around Elwynn Forest at about level 10. Well maybe not but without the guides (pre cata) I would never of known where to go for the next quest.
                            ' Judge not, less thee be judged yourself ' James Hetfield.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Faethor/simple

Comment

Please don't get me wrong, i'm not trying to say the guides are bad, but it does indeed come down to choice. The problem I had with the subscription is the price for the 2 year time period quoted would end up with an even higher cost than the current cost to upgrade all the guides. So even if it was switched to a subscription based service, it still would get complaints. Simply there are some people that will complain about the guides with either 2 approaches. Personally if it was up to me i'd look at what my competitors are doing and see if there is some way to make the offer more inticing, done correctly I think it would attract more people.

Comment

Regarding the "entitled" opinions above. I think Eighteez is missing a couple key points...

1) Yes, we all WANT the upgraded content (obviously why we're reading this thread to begin with...). Most of us paid with the understanding that we would have to pay at the next expansion. Zygor did make this clear when we purchased. However, Zygor also indicated it would be a "small fee" to upgrade our guides. We all have our own opinions of what a "small fee" means, but I think we all agree that $110 is ridiculous to expect. I bet that if we were charged $35 or $50 to upgrade everything, we probably would be having this discussion we'd just pay the fee an continue on waiting for MoP.

2) The competition... Assuming Zygor continues to expect to leech $110 out of us then obviously a smart consumer is going to shop around. Yes, the competition all have their new customer deals (which are actually all *currently* the same as their normal prices, BTW). However, I like to put myself in the shoes of the other customer and in doing the research their existing customer upgrade fees are far less! D's stated that their upgrade fees is $45 for all guides... So, if we had gone with them initially, worst case we would be charged $45. (FYI, they also mentioned that their new customer prices will be discounted during the same pre-release sale too, so keep an eye out if you're still shopping! ). X stated that their upgrade pricing "will not cost anywhere near $47 it will be a small fee.". Some of the competitors have a free upgrades for any future expansions once you hit a certain dollar mark, maybe something like this would entice more people to stay with Zygor, but I just don't see them adopting it.

There are even free alternatives too. I haven't tried them, but if you're budget is too tight for anything else, why not try it out?

Comment

Working...
                                X