Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zygor's upgrade price is a fair price for the product, it's just a bad deal if you wish to purchase multiple guides. I'm ready to give Zygor my money right now, it's a question of buying 1 or 2 guides now and then wait for the 3 others to go on sale or provide the loyal
    customer with an incentive to buy multiple guides.

Comment

Not Quite Sure After Cata

Just don't see myself paying the money being asked for the expansion for the entire suite. A great guide but still. I have better options. Hopefully something will change between now and then. Major decisions to make soon.

Comment

Originally posted by 1manarmy View Post
        Zygor's upgrade price is a fair price for the product, it's just a bad deal if you wish to purchase multiple guides. I'm ready to give Zygor my money right now, it's a question of buying 1 or 2 guides now and then wait for the 3 others to go on sale or provide the loyal
        customer with an incentive to buy multiple guides.
        Just buy what you need.

Chances are, you won't be worried about achievements, gear, professions, reputations, etc for the first week or two (At least). Maybe even a few months. Just buy the leveling guide and maybe the dailies and events guide (Due to brewfest). Leave the rest for when you need them or they go on sale .

Comment

Originally posted by Bomyne View Post
          Just buy what you need.

Chances are, you won't be worried about achievements, gear, professions, reputations, etc for the first week or two (At least). Maybe even a few months. Just buy the leveling guide and maybe the dailies and events guide (Due to brewfest). Leave the rest for when you need them or they go on sale .
          Yeah that's my plan Leveling and Dailies guide and wait for a discount on the Professions, Pets and Mounts, and Reputations guides.

Comment

Same here.... I was planning to upgrade my guides and buying some others to "honor" the extension ^^ (macros and dungeons).
            But with such price, I will only upgrade my leveling Horde guide... or maybe even look at the competion's offers
            The price of Zygor updates have gone highter than the original guide price... becomes too much for me, sorry...
            the ammount it will cost me to have the full stuff is not worth the time/efficiency I will gain by having it...

Comment

Yeah that's my plan Leveling and Dailies guide and wait for a discount on the Professions, Pets and Mounts, and Reputations guides.
              Another idea to cut costs is if you ever want to do both horde and alliance, buy them both at the same time (Due to the combo discount). Else don't buy the opposite faction at all :P

Comment

Pricing?

I just wanted to make sure that I had the prices correct. Is it really $60 for the leveling guide (both factions), and $50 for each of the Loremaster, Dungeons/Gear, Mounts/Pets, Acheivements/Professions, & Dailies/Events addons? So that, if I were a new customer, the total cost would be over $300? Seriously? That is around two years of playtime!

Comment

That is the correct pricing.
                  My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Zygor Guides is always pursuing the best pricing options for our customers. You mentioned the total cost for buying our entire suite of products, which is 6 seperately sold products, each with tons of content that are updated free of charge for the life of each expansion, and their own unique software features which are costly to develop. If you were to go into a store and buy 6 seperate software products, whether it's Windows, or Adobe Photoshop, you're going to spend way way more than what we charge. I know there's an impression that because our guide is an addon that somehow makes it different, but we have similiar operating costs the same as any software company. Comparing our pricing to the game is also a little uneven. Blizzard has over 10 million users paying them monthly. If we had even a fraction of that we would sell our guides dirt cheap. Instead, we're still a small business trying to get off the ground and this is our full time job, not a hobby. We try to be fair by offering frequent sales where we dramatically drop the price, like Steam sales, but around a brand new product launch, our prices will be a little more expensive.
                    Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Originally posted by Bomyne View Post
                      Another idea to cut costs is if you ever want to do both horde and alliance, buy them both at the same time (Due to the combo discount). Else don't buy the opposite faction at all :P
                      Every guide I own is for both factions even though I only play horde. Zygor's products and customer support has been a great experience for me I purchased the bundle. Keep up the great work woot!

Comment

Every guide I own is for both factions even though I only play horde. Zygor's products and customer support has been a great experience for me I purchased the bundle. Keep up the great work woot!
                        We appreciate the support

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Admin View Post
                          "... but we have similiar operating costs the same as any software company."
                          I've never seen posted anywhere the true, actual, legitimate breakdown on "operating costs."

Is that information something you want to avoid discussing?
                          To where, and to whom, does the cost of the product(s) purchase price actually go to?
                          $300.00 each Blizzard upgrade for your products?

That's seems to me to be a helluva lot of money for an addon to provide steps for playing a game which Zygor has already admitted that Blizzard has made the game "linear" in its questing format. If the game is now "linear" in its questing, then how does ZYGOR justify that addtional expense to play the game? The pricing shows more of a reflection of how much Zygor wants to receive compared to what it is actually offering.

Actually, Zygor Guides doesn't even offer the most important addon feature, and that it the zoomable maps which the Carbonite addon provides. The technical info for that kind of mapping has ALWAYS been available from WoW. Why hasn't that GREAT FEATURE been added to Zygor's Leveling Guides (as a core feature)?

$300.00 (American dollars). What is the truthful cost breakdown to the developers?

Comment

Our pricing is the result of many years of research and customer feedback. You've made it clear that you find our pricing too expensive, but I'm afraid to say that the overall community disagrees with you and our continued success is a testament to that. Zygor Guides has been the #1 best selling WoW guide on the market for the past 6 years and we firmly believe that is because there is a very clear difference between Zygor and our competitors.

Just take the current expansion as an example. We have our entire suite of products fully updated for Mists of Pandaria and still had time to implement 10 groundbreaking new features into our guides, many of which are exclusive to our brand. Compare that to our closest competitor who only has their Leveling guide updated for Mists and no new features this expansion.

Despite your statements to the contrary, you give off the impression that you DO see the Zygor difference, you want to buy OUR product, and are simply upset that it costs a little more than the generic Zygor knockoff.

Comment

1 min into your comercial

Hi Zygor team...

1 min into your "teaser" video on the frontpage your mention all the good stuff that a
                              "subscriber" gets, but you say that for a small fee I can upgrade with the wow expantions... Where do I, as a owner of a guide, get this upgrade to another price than a new customer gets it?
                              Grey Camel - Uldum - Guide

Guide for finding the Camel Figurine

Comment

Go into the members section and click "Manage Guides". There you have the upgrade options.

Comment

Working...
                                X