OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Mists of Pandaria Patch 5.0.4. Has Arrived! Guide Update Now Available!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I havent done anything but let WOW upload the new stuff then I started the guide and it says cannot find the launcher.exe ==== As I said I havent touched anything so.. And it pops up with like 50 of the boxes and I have to ctrl alt delete to close it..
    Cabby's Flight Path Guides

Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Blizzard renamed the Launcher.exe file. The following steps should get the Updater fixed for you.

1. Run the Updater (click on Abort in the small window if needed to prevent the auto-launching of WoW)
      2. Click Settings
      3. In the 2nd box go to the very end of the line and change it from Launcher.exe to World of Warcraft Launcher.exe
      4. Click OK
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

That fixed it thanks a bunch
        Cabby's Flight Path Guides

Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Awesome, Thank You Very Much
          Originally posted by cabby View Post
          Blizzard renamed the Launcher.exe file. The following steps should get the Updater fixed for you.

1. Run the Updater (click on Abort in the small window if needed to prevent the auto-launching of WoW)
          2. Click Settings
          3. In the 2nd box go to the very end of the line and change it from Launcher.exe to World of Warcraft Launcher.exe
          4. Click OK

Comment

Maybe I'm missing something but I have updated the guides and they are now working fine.

Too fine in fact, everything is exactly the same !!

I don't have this new launcher file that everyone is mentioning and Zygor's guides look exactly the same

Do I have to wait for the patch to drop in EU before I'll see any difference or am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks in advance

johnnyraffs

Comment

Yes, the launcher file will change with the patch hitting EU servers tomorrow.
              The new look of the Zygor guide viewer will come with MoP, until then you "only" have a 5.0.4 compatible viewer and talent advisor.

Comment

Hello

My updater is working fine after the hotfix (thanks for this), but I am having trouble with the Talent Advisor. It is not advsing me where to put the talents. The box just shows the normal Blizzard talent box and not the side menu on the right hand side where you can configure.

Comment

The talent advisor most likely does not work on EU servers until the 5.0.4 patch arrives later.
                  If you play on US server you may need to use the repair option of the updater as the talent advisor is now part of the guide viewer and not a separate addon. If you only update maybe the old talent advisor is still trying to startup.

Comment

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I do play on the EU Servers, so will wait for the patch

Comment

If you notice any problems getting the Talent Advisor to show up, go into the Zygor options and under Talent Advisor switch off the first setting then switch it back on. There was an issue with this in earlier builds though we believe it to be fixed.
                      Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Reinstalled the client, repaired, refreshed and even downloaded the Hotfix update to no avail. Even checked add-ons to make sure zygor was checked and none of it is appearing on my screen.

Comment

same here. I fixed the updater, made sure zygor was turned on in my addons, and I cant get it to load at all. even typing /zygor in chat doesnt bring anything up. Neither does /zygor visible. What am I missing here? help!

Comment

Did you check the 'Load out of date Addons' box at the top of the addons listing at the character select screen?

Comment

yes, I did. And I turned off all other addons except zygor.

Comment

If you have a Zygor Talent Advisor entry in the addons listing run the Updater and click the Repair button to remove it. We integrated the Talent Advisor into the Guide Viewer addon so there should only be one Zygor addon now.

Comment

Working...
                                X