Launcher infinite error windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Launcher infinite error windows

Launching the guide updater now spawns an infinite number of error boxes stating that Launcher.exe can not be be found.

Looking at the settings it's either looking for Wow.exe or Launcher.exe, where the launcher has now been named World of Warcraft Launcher.exe

Yes, just manually change that 2nd box so it's looking for World of Warcraft Launcher.exe and it will fix the problem.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Cabby, Blizzard changed things.

On my system, the actual "World of Warcraft Launcher.exe" is named "World of Warcraft Setup". After I find the "World of Warcraft Launcher" in the WoW folder and then add it to my Windows Program list and/or Task bar, it is named ""World of Warcraft Setup", instead of Launcher. I think it's because they named it that way in the "details" portion of the .exe file, so it uses that naming convention instead.

Comment

But the Updater uses the .exe file name, not the displayed name on the shortcut.

Comment

Is the "settings" you are talking about on the updater itself? When I open the updater it goes crazy with the "cant find launcher" error boxes and I have to force close it. Can someone take me step by step fixing this, I'm not very computer savey and changing things makes me a little nervous.
          Thank you

Comment

You should see a small window popping up when starting the Zygor updater in automatic mode. In this window you have an abort button, click it.
            Then click the settings button in the lower left corner of the updater window and change the filename in the "World of Warcraft Launcher Location" line from Launcher.exe to World of Warcraft Launcher.exe, it looks like this for example if you installed WoW into C:\Games:
            C:\Games\World of Warcraft\World of Warcraft Launcher.exe
            Then you can check the automatic mode box below and click OK.

Comment

Thank you so much it worked. Thanks for the great customer support.
              Gerhard

Comment

please give a update

2012-08-30_1428.jpg

Comment

Blizzard renamed the Launcher.exe file. The following steps should get the Updater fixed for you.

1. Run the Updater (click on Abort in the small window if needed to prevent the auto-launching of WoW)
                  2. Click Settings
                  3. In the 2nd box go to the very end of the line and change it from Launcher.exe to World of Warcraft Launcher.exe
                  4. Click OK

Comment

better give update
                    everybody has this error

Comment

A new build of the Zygor Client can now be downloaded from the Members Area which fixes the "Launcher.exe" issues. We've also deployed a new guide release that adds support for Italian clients, and includes updates to the starter zone guides.
                      Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Working...
                      X