White background for current step

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White background for current step

Loving version 4 of the guide! One thing I don't like, though, is the misty white background for the current step. White text on a white background is not that easy to read! Any way to go back to how the current step was highlighted in version 3 of the guide?

Thanks

To change the background of the step open the following file:
    ZygorGuidesViewer\Skins\Default\Stealth\Style.lua
    Look for this line:
    STYLE.GuideBackdropColor={HTMLColor("#222222ff")}
    Change it to:
    STYLE.GuideBackdropColor={HTMLColor("#000000ff")}

However you would need to make this change after every guide update.

Comment

Thanks - I'll try that when I get home from work. Not ideal, though, if I have to change it every update. Is there a way of making your own themes? If so, I could just make the changes I wanted and create a new theme from them

Comment

I don't know if the guide already supports more themes or of the two are hardcoded. It is planned to implement the ability to include own skins.

Comment

What white background are you referring to? There should be no white background. Can you post a screenshot of what you see?
          Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

I was having the same issue, it's with the stealth skin. I changed back to the midnight skin, and no longer have this problem. But yeah, on the stealth skin that white background graphic for certain steps were kind of annoying.

Comment

We'll need to see a screenshot of what is happening if someone can provide one.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Admin View Post
                What white background are you referring to? There should be no white background. Can you post a screenshot of what you see?
                Yes: WoWScrnShot_092512_195905.jpg

The current step has a white cloudy background. But as bpalmer says (thanks!) switching to the midnight skin makes the guide look like it did in previous versions which I much prefer

Comment

Looks like maybe the glow from the step completion flash got stuck on.
                  My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

zygor4.jpg

Attached screenshot. The current step has big white glowing distraction in it.

Comment

Thanks for the screenshots. Definitely not an intended part of the design. Looking into it now.

Comment

zygor4b.jpg

Here it is again, with the current step having the white cloudy glow to it.

Comment

Originally posted by bpalmer View Post
                          Here it is again, with the current step having the white cloudy glow to it.
                          All I can say to that screenshot is "FOR THE HORDE!"

Seriously, though, thanks for confirming that I wasn't seeing things. The cloudy glow does look like the still components of some sort of animation...

Comment

It seems to only happen in multiple steps mode. While we're fixing this, you might want to switch to single step display.

Comment

Confirmed, does not happen in single step mode. That said, single-step mode is a pita sometimes, because a step will tell you to do something, and not also tell you to be killing/collecting other things in same area at the same time. Multiple step mode allows you to "look ahead" and see if you're supposed to be doing something else in same spot.

I'm sure it will get fixed, still loving the guides

Comment

Working...
                              X