is the gear that is awarded while questing is specific to your spec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is the gear that is awarded while questing is specific to your spec

I have a holy priest for healing and use my dual spec shadow priest for questing, I always wonder if the gear that is awarded while questing is specific to your spec at the time the quest is first accepted. any thoughts on that?

I think it gives your quest reward gear based on the spec you are in at the time you turn in the quest.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Cabby is correct, it selects the gear based on your current spec.

Comment

Why does the gear guide thing try to switch my rare quality gear with my heroic cata gear at timees even though every single stat on the rare item is better?

Comment

The gear suggestions are a little buggy right now. This is something we're working on to get it fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
            The gear suggestions are a little buggy right now. This is something we're working on to get it fixed.
            I couldn't agree more with this statement. I started a level 1 paladin in full heirlooms only to be told to switch to the white gear from the starter quests.
            ' Judge not, less thee be judged yourself ' James Hetfield.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Faethor/simple

Comment

Make sure you're using the latest guide version, the heirloom issue should have been fixed so that heirlooms are always picked over other items up until level 80.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                the heirloom issue should have been fixed so that heirlooms are always picked over other items up until level 80.
                Does this mean we might have to wait until the level 85 heirlooms (Helm, Cloak and leggings) are incorporated into the gear selection add on ?

Comment

I'm not sure on that aspect. I think the heirlooms being used until 80 is simply because after 80 you no longer get the XP boost from the heirloom items and at that point it really doesn't matter if it's heirloom or regular.

Comment

I have a level 83 shaman and I do get xp bonus from the helm cloak and leg heirlooms. I tested this on a few Treat bucket quests with and without the heirlooms.

Comment

Oh, that's good to know. I thought they cut it all off at 80 still.

Comment

Hi all,

I have no Heirloom gear and want to boost a few alts, Lvl 5, lvl 30 and lvl 62.

I bought the gear guide and the achievements guide which suggest it would assist with Heirloom gear.

Does this only apply to getting Justice point etc. or does it recommend which heirloom gear I should get.

This can be slightly tricky as I am aware some heirloom gear is cloth vs plate etc.

I also know there are many different vendors who sell heirloom .... in MOP what is the best heirloom to get or does it not make a difference after 85 ? etc.

Comment

The gear guide is focused on the 5-man/heroic dungeon dropped gear and doesn't suggest (or help you to find) heirloom items.

Comment

Currently there are three ways to get PVE shoulder, breast and weapon heirloom items.
                            If you have a character that has unlocked the Argent Tournament quartermaster in Icecrown you can get them there for the tournament seals.
                            Then you can buy them at the Darkmoon Faire.
                            And finally you can buy them at the justice heirlooms vendor in Stormwind / Orgrimmar.

Apart from that you can get heirloom cloaks, leg armor and helmets from the guild vendor in your capital city.
                            For the cloaks you need to have a character in a level 10 guild with honored reputation. However I think it can be used by an alt that is not in a guild.
                            The helmets require guild level 20.
                            The leg armor requires the guild achievement Working Better as a Team

Here's an example list of the plate and cloak heirlooms (use the filters at the top right to see other armor types):
                            http://www.wowhead.com/items=4?filte...;ty=4:-6#0+9-2
                            And the heirloom weapons:
                            http://www.wowhead.com/items=2?filter=qu=7

Comment

Working...
                            X