Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waypoint Arrow

Hello everyone!
    I recently started playing WoW again and the waypointing arrow is switching between telling me how far away my destination is (and what direction it's in) and telling me to go to a zone (for example I'm in Western Plaguelands but it tells me I need to go to Western Plaguelands) and won't give me directions to my destination.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Can you please give us exact steps and if you're in a cave and if so which cave? This is part of the new travel system for the guide viewer and sometimes the WoW server doesn't report you as being in a cave when you're in that cave so the travel system is trying to direct you to the cave entrance. It can be a bit of a tricky thing.

You can turn off the travel system in the guide viewer options, but then it won't tell you when to take flights to shorten your trip or anything like that.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Ok I'm on step 112 of the Western Plaguelands Alliance Guide, I am not in a cave. This has been happening on all steps I've done today though, not just step 112.

What it says beneath the waypoint arrow is:
      "Go to Western Plaguelands 39,69
      Western Plaguelands"

I am standing right next to Thassarian in Andorhal, which is where the guide is directing me to go.

Comment

Also I don't know if this helps but it often starts the step by saying how far and what direction the objective is, but then when I move towards the objective, it turns to that part saying "Go to Western Plaguelands x,y" and the arrow points directly behind me.

Comment

Maybe you just need to reset the guides, maybe an old file or something messing with it.

Go to your WoW/Interface/Addons folder and delete the ZygorGuidesViewer folder in there. Then go to your WoW/WTF/Account/<accountname>/SavedVariables folder and delete any Zygor files in there. Finally run the Updater and install a fresh copy of the guides.
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
          X