Paying to upgrade is a load of bull.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paying to upgrade is a load of bull.

EDIT:*In my anger, I mis-worded the title. Paying to upgrade is just fine; the upgrade fees are too high compared to buying it for the first time.*

I bought the Zygor Guides and was, as I'm sure many were, astounded by the quality. I've spread the and personally generated at *least* $5,000 by the number of people I've convinced to buy multiple guides here. And that's just me personally, not counting the sales likely generating from their spreading word to their own friends.

Not only that, but new members can get the *whole* set of just the Loremaster's guide for $60 while I will have to pay $30 on *top* of the $50 I payed long ago.
    Why should a long standing and loyal customer have to pay more than someone who's only just discovered this guide?

Now I upgraded my Battle.net account to MoP through the Black Friday discount of $15, and if I want to use Zygor to speed my leveling from 85-90 I'm going to have to pay $30 for my guides ($20 if I only played one faction, which is still more).

This guide works great, but many sections are essentially over once achievements are all earned up. This is *especially* true with achievements being account wide, now.

The price of *any* of these guides should come no where near the price of the game itself.

I'll be keeping an eye out for Zygor to have a bit more integrity with their profit generation, but until then you just lost a valuable *group* of customers, as well as a compound of future customers.
    Last edited by MarkBelain; December 13, 2012, 10:35 AM. Reason: Title misleading

The ONLY reason you got MoP that cheap is b/c of Black Friday. Normally the game is a minimum of 40. The same thing happened with the Cata xpac 2 years ago. Came out, got a discount due to BF. You complain about Zygor's prices yet you still dish out the 15 a month to play WoW, you buy the new expansions when they're released. I don't see any of you over on the Blizzard forums whining and complaining to them about having more integrity with their profit generation. Of course not. You know the monthly fee they charge covers all the employee's that work for them, as well as their bills and the fees to keep the servers alive. Oh wait, Zygor and his team are paid by what they make on this site, it also pays their bills, as well as the sites bills. Bet you didn't think about that did you? Of course not! If you had, you wouldn't whine and cry about how much it costs to upgrade. You've been a member here for 2 years. You know how the process here works.

Quick Edit:
    And using greedy, fraud, scam and rip-off for your tags is a bit much.

Comment

Supposedly Monday (11/26) they will have some specials here on the site. I'm thinking there will be discounts available.

-------------------------------------------------------------
      Cyber Monday
      -------------------------------------------------------------
      Zygor Guides has something special in store for Monday, November 26th, so make sure to stop by the site that day for more details.

Stay tuned for more coming soon. Hope you enjoy the update!

Take care.
      http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...r-Black-Friday
      Last edited by toek; November 24, 2012, 09:24 AM. Reason: added quoted remark
      i5 3570k @ 4.1
      Cooler Master Gemin II s CPU cooler
      Asus P8z77-V
      Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB 1600
      Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
      Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD
      Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD
      EVGA Superclocked GTX 660 2GB
      Sunbeam Tech Rheosmart 6 fan controller
      Cooler Master Silent Pro 720 power supply
      Rosewill Blackhawk Gaming Mid Tower case w/7 fans
      Win7 Pro / Win8 Pro
      CPU 29c @ idle, GPU 30c @ idle
      CPU 47c @ load, GPU 52c @ load

Comment

And how do you expect ZG to keep doing this if no one pays them money past the initial cost?

Comment

If OP is correct, and new people can get the guide for $60 and he paid $50, then logic would say that it should only cost $10 to upgrade.. either that or new people should be paying $80 ($50+30upgrade).

I just bought MoP, but I'm waiting to see what this Cyber Monday 'deal' is to decide if I'm going to bother updating or not.

Comment

Originally posted by teddy View Post
            If OP is correct, and new people can get the guide for $60 and he paid $50, then logic would say that it should only cost $10 to upgrade.. either that or new people should be paying $80 ($50+30upgrade).

I just bought MoP, but I'm waiting to see what this Cyber Monday 'deal' is to decide if I'm going to bother updating or not.
            That logic doesn't ring out.

I've paid about $180 for my WoW games over the past 8 years ($20 + 4 expansions at a guess of $40 a game) but now someone can come in and play Wrath of the Lich King for only $20, and all the way to MoP for $80.

Comment

Actually Blizzard had a Black Friday sale that allowed anyone to purchase everything including MoP for $35.
              My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
              X