No announcement yet.

Getting to a flight point.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember trying to make it to Winterspring from Felwood through that furbog tunnel. I was mid-40's on my first ever warcraft toon and my two friends were both also mid 40's as well. We could barely stay alive in Felwood let alone get the rep to make it through. But I wanted a tailoring bag recipe from Winterspring and was bound to get it.

I stripped off all my eq and ran as far as I could till I died. Go back and run past my body to the *very* edge of where I could raise and res / run some more. I must have died ten times making it through the tunnel alone with both my friends laughing at me the entire time. It did not help that the tunnel had a branch in it and I did not know which to pick ... of course I picked wrong. But by golly, I got my recipe at the end of it all!

Oh, I got the FP as well and leaving Winterspring was much easier then getting there
    Cairne Realm
    Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
    Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
    Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

You could also corpse run when you die.Just run to where you want to go find nearest spirit healer logout then log back in and rez.Plus you move faster as a ghost so it saves some time.
      You just keep doin' what it looks like you're supposed to be doin', no matter how crazy it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by crownedwithgrace View Post
        What was blizzard thinking when they decided on that one?
        If they hadn't forced people to walk most of their first run through, I'm sure a lot of people would complain that WOTLK was too short and not worth the money Also, it's a lot more challenging than just flying between quest targets, which I tend to do as soon as I can. Atleast they've made a slightly believeable reason as to why, with the cold weather flying. I wonder if they actually regret adding flying in the first place.

Comment

I don't think they regret it as it's going to be a big selling point of the Cataclysm expansion. I'm sure a lot of people will get the expansion just for the ability to fly in the old zones.
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Yes, but people would still get Cataclysm. People get every expansion regardless, it's the way of mmo's. I don't know anyone that keeps grinding characters to level 60, without getting tbc and wotlk. All they've really added is something they need to consider for every other world design choice. I think by adding flying they only made things harder for themselves, and I doubt people would have missed it if it wasn't there. It would have been a lot easier for them to just add a faster ground mount I think. But who am I to say what Blizzard regrets, hehehe. I just think it'd be easier not to

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
              I don't think they regret it as it's going to be a big selling point of the Cataclysm expansion. I'm sure a lot of people will get the expansion just for the ability to fly in the old zones.
              I know that's going to be a huge buying point for me. Flying in the game is a huge highlight for me. It adds to that "Superhero" feeling. Anywho, i can almost guarantee that i would have left to one of the dozens of other games that do have flying.

PS. Sorry for the derail from the OP.
              I am CDO. This is a lot like OCD, except the letters are in alphabetical order... as they should be.

Comment

It's certainly a big selling point for me. I can't help but feel bad for the lower levels when they see people flying past them as they're running all around. lol It's bad enough when you have no mount and see someone with a mount zoom by. I'll know the feeling as I always have multiple lower level toons.

Another big point for me with the new EP is the change to the scenery. I love change and it's coming at a great time for me. I get a bit tired of playing the same areas, seeing the same scenery, etc., but I don't seem to get tired of making new toons. lol So, I'm going to really enjoy the change of scenery. I know that has nothing to do with actually purchasing the EP. I'm pretty sure they said even people who don't buy the EP will still see the changes but still.

I think an even bigger point for me is the mixed races/classes! I love this! You know I'm gonna be making sooo many new toons it isn't funny. lol >.> Anyway, this is turning out to be a Cataclysm thread. :P
                80 Tauren Hunter - 75 Blood Elf Paladin - 54 Tauren Druid - 47 Undead Mage - 25 Dwarf Paladin - 26 Human Mage

Comment

Working...
                X