Travel system problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travel system problem

I'm a level 84 Alliance hunter in Dustwallow Marsh. The next step in the guide is for the Hero's Call Board in Stormwind. The travel system is directing me to "Cleft of Shadow entrance" in Orgrimmar. Not a particularly good idea as Alliance

"Prefer comfortable paths" is not enabled, but I think this would be more than merely uncomfortable if I were to do as the travel system says

The route is actually:

1. Cleft of Shadow entrance
    2. Cleft of Shadow tunnel
    3. Cleft of Shadow entrance
    4. Click portal to Stormwind City: Teleport to Stormwind City
    5. Go to Stormwind City 62,71

which doesn't make sense at all. This is with version 4.0.5657.

I'm thinking this might be related to the new portal stuff that was added to the Travel System for the Darkmoon Faire. It was probably intending to direct you to the Horde Darkmoon Faire portal over in Mulgore since anyone can click it and use it. Once you land in Darkmoon Faire all you have to do is turn around and click the portal again to be taken to Goldshire.

I've put this on our list to get looked at.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Thanks, Cabby.

Comment

I just checked this out and was not able to reproduce it.

What is your race?

If you could reproduce this and submit a bug report while it is the suggested route, I would be very interested in seeing what exactly is happening for you because it definitely should not be.

Comment

Pandaren. I'd been questing in Uldum and had dinged 84, so accepted the pop-up for Twilight Highlands. The first step was the Hero's Call Board and the travel system initially wanted me to go to the Stormwind portal in Hyjal. I was flying on my mount and decided to stop off in Theramore. I clicked on the arrow to force a re-calculation of the route (just to see if it changed) and it was then that it changed to Cleft of Shadow entrance in Orgrimmar.

I'll see if I can reproduce it tonight.

Comment

Also could you type '/dump UnitFactionGroup("player")' into your chat window.

It should spit something out like

[1] = "Alliance",
            [2] = "Alliance"

Maybe Blizzard did something strange and you are not flagged as Alliance as expected.

But if you can reproduce it that would be helpful.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi ZD2,

I've reproduced it by going back to Ramkahen, setting my heartstone then loading up the Twilight Highlands guide at Step 1. It was directing me to the Hyjal Stormwind portal until I flew into Dustwallow Marsh and started following the road to Theramore. The location in the bug report was almost the exact point that the arrow changed to Cleft of Shadow.

UnitFactionGroup("player") is

[1] = "Alliance",
              [2] = "Alliance"

Hope this helps...

Comment

Working...
              X