zygor guides does NOT show up ingame on new computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

zygor guides does NOT show up ingame on new computer

I installed it, it shows up in my WOW folder under interface/addons. I have deleted it, reinstalled it, deleted my WTF folder. When I log on WOW, Zygor guides does not appear anywhere on my ingame add on list. I have several add ons, they are working fine, the game is running great on my new computer.

Keep in mind I have been using Zygor guides on my old computer just fine for years. What else can I do?

When you are looking at the in-game list, are you looking at the list on the Interface page when logged into a character or are you looking at the addon list on the character selection screen?
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
      When you are looking at the in-game list, are you looking at the list on the Interface page when logged into a character or are you looking at the addon list on the character selection screen?
      there is NO Zygor guides on the add on list at the character selection screen nor actual ingame on the interface tab for any character, the guide is not present

Comment

Ok, it sounds like you might have 2 different WoW installations and the guides are being installed to the wrong location. Please right click your WoW desktop icon and select Properties. Now please let me know what it shows in the “Start in” box on the Shortcut tab.

Comment

"C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\"

Comment

Ok, here's what you want to do. First run the Updater and if a small window opens with a 3 second timer on it click the Abort button on that window. Now click on the Settings button. Set the top setting to point to C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns and set the 2nd setting to point to C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\World of Warcraft Launcher.exe. Once you have those 2 set be sure to enter your Zygor website username/password into the proper boxes and then you can close the Settings window. Now you should be able to install the guides to the correct location and you can use the Launch WoW button to start the game.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
              Ok, here's what you want to do. First run the Updater and if a small window opens with a 3 second timer on it click the Abort button on that window. Now click on the Settings button. Set the top setting to point to C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns and set the 2nd setting to point to C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\World of Warcraft Launcher.exe. Once you have those 2 set be sure to enter your Zygor website username/password into the proper boxes and then you can close the Settings window. Now you should be able to install the guides to the correct location and you can use the Launch WoW button to start the game.
              ok, that worked to make my guides show ingame. I couldn't get WOW to launch from the updater, but no worries.....You guys rock! thanks so much

Comment

If you double check that 2nd setting in the Updater settings there's probably a small typo that's causing it to not launch WoW.

Comment

Working...
                X