Wrong Gear Reward Advised

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrong Gear Reward Advised

Couldn't find a place for the Extra Feature Quest Reward Advisor so if I missed it sorry.

I completed Lady La-La's Medallion on my Fury Warrior.

It was advising the Dreamfrond Skirt: http://www.wowhead.com/item=59784

This is a cloth piece with int and spirit. Not very useful for a Fury Warrior... or a warrior at all.

Shouldn't it have advised the Prismatic Periwinkle Band : http://www.wowhead.com/item=59782 ?

It depends on what you already wear. If no quest reward is better than what you already have it simply suggests the item with the highest sell value. Which is the leg armor in this case.

Comment

Yeah I would expect that and noticed that with other things, but the ring was in fact an upgrade.

Comment

Can you please post what your two rings are/were that you had equipped at the time of the quest turn in?
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

One was Thane-Reaper's Signet (lvl 73 quest reward), which only stat it has that was anywhere near better than the Prismatic Periwinkle Band (lvl 80 quest reward) would be Hit, but I could have reforged 28 Mastery for +28 Hit. Resulting in more hit than Thane-Reaper's Signet anyways. Also the AP on Thane-Reaper's Signet is made up for in the STR on the Prismatic Periwinkle Band, and the STM is almost 4.5 times more on the Prismatic Periwinkle Band. The ilvl would be a 134 increase as well.

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=59782;38749&l=81

My other ring was a Jasper Ring of the Faultline (reforged).

Comment

Ok, just for quick reference for the dev team here is a quick summary of the 3 item scores for these items.

Thane-Reaper's Signet - 1016
            Jasper Ring of the Faultline - 3538
            Prismatic Periwinkle Band - 3868

So yes, it should have recommended the Prismatic Periwinkle Band to replace the Thane-Reaper's Signet. I know the team are working on trying to find out why the gear suggestions have been misbehaving lately.

Comment

Ok, just for quick reference for the dev team here is a quick summary of the 3 item scores for these items.

Thane-Reaper's Signet - 1016
              Jasper Ring of the Faultline - 3538
              Prismatic Periwinkle Band - 3868

So yes, it should have recommended the Prismatic Periwinkle Band to replace the Thane-Reaper's Signet. I know the team are working on trying to find out why the gear suggestions have been misbehaving lately.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                No prob. Just thought I would point it out in case they were trying to catch these.

If I come across anymore, will it help if I post the old items, and the quest item it didn't suggest?

Comment

Yes, that would help a lot as well as what class and spec for the toon you see them with. That way the dev team can look to see what the scores for everything are supposed to be and maybe help find the problem easier.

Comment

Quest Welcome New

Item suggested: Robes of the Watery Savior
                    Current item: Strengthened Stockade Pauldrons

Should have suggested: True Beacon Shoulderplates

Fury Warrior

The heirlooms say Requires level 1 to 80 (80). However the stats Zygor is showing appears to be as if it is considering the level higher (82) than 80, but the stats cap out at lvl 80. So the stats Zygor is taking into consideration is incorrect for the Strengthened Stockade Pauldrons.

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=44099;59673&l=80

Here's a screenshot of the comparing.

wrongstats.jpg

Comment

This is because we tried to set it up that heirloom items take precedence over other gear up until level 85 because most of the newer heirloom items are good to 85. I also believe that the XP gain on this heirloom item is good to 85 now like the newer heirloom items.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                        I also believe that the XP gain on this heirloom item is good to 85 now like the newer heirloom items.
                        From what Orlyia said, on Sept 26th, is that some heirlooms do stop the bonus exp at 80 and some at 85. Seems only cata (and now Mist) heirlooms may be the ones that go to 85, but Wrath apparently goes through 80 to 81 as per many other recent postings on the forums.

Comment

Ok, then the dev team might have to see if they can come up with a way to allow gear change at 80 for those earlier heirloom items.

Comment

Ok Guys your gonna love this one

im a lvl 21 hunter..

Zygor has asked me to upgrade my cloak from this.. http://www.wowhead.com/item=6314/wolfmaster-cape

to this.. http://www.wowhead.com/item=6542/willow-cape the one that's of the owl'

In swapping I stand to lose -3 Stamina, -5 Agility, -10 armour,

But I do stand to gain +1 intellect, and +1 spirit

Rotflmao

Comment

Starting to wonder if maybe something in the code is looking at what we have listed as bad stats (Int for a hunter) and thinking that's good stats. Will be interesting to see what it was once the dev team figure out what's happening.

Comment

Working...
                              X