Problem With the Travel System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem With the Travel System

I'm not sure why exactly but since the last major upgrade to the travel system, my toon will no longer take more than one automatic flight waypoint in any given route. Meaning if my route is configured to pass by more than one waypoint my route will always end on the first waypoint. I will then have to manually click on the flight path NPC next to me at any given location for Zygor to continue the route.

Needless to say, this is getting to be quite annoying.

Just want to make sure I'm understanding this. So (for example) if you're up in Eastern Plaguelands and you're heading down to Stormwind it would tell you to fly to Ironforge and then tell you to fly again to Stormwind but once you land in Ironforge you have to manually use the flight master to fly to Stormwind?

Also, when you see this happen again could you please generate a bug report and post it so we can see what the travel system is trying to do for your route. It's possible that it's trying to tell you to use your mount to fly from the first landing spot to the next location thinking it might be faster to go by mount from there.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Yes. I will try to see if the guide is in fact trying to get me to use my mount instead of finishing the route automatically. But I honestly can't remember the last time i flew through multiple flight masters without having to land and click to keep the route going. How do I generate a bug report?

Comment

When you open the guide viewer options you should be able to click on the words Zygor Guides Viewer on the left and you should see a button to generate the bug report.

Comment

Looks like my bug report is too many characters for the forum. How would you like me to get it to you?

Comment

If you want you should be able to save it to a text file and then just attach that file to a post if you click the Go Advanced button when doing a Quck Reply to the thread.

Comment

LOL

Zygor Bug Report - Flying to Domination Point.txt - Your file of 28.3 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 19.5 KB for this filetype.

Comment

Hmm, not sure why it's giving problems. You can always send the bug report in via email to support@zygorguides.com and I'll make sure it get's taken care of.

Comment

Sorry that I have to say that I now have also a problem with the Travel System.

After the last upgrade to version 4.0.5881 the guide tells me to heart to my home location and this when the heart stone is still on cooldown.
                  Not once, but always when I have to go to my home town.

Any suggestion how I can fix this ?

Thanks

Comment

The dev team are trying to find out what went wrong in the travel system to get it fixed and the hearthstone thing is part of the travel system. You might be able to disable the travel system in the guide options and then you would just have an arrow pointing to the waypoint without it trying to tell you how to get there.

Comment

We are making fixes and improvements daily to the travel system so please keep us up to date with your issues if they are persisting.

The best way to report an issue of a strange route is using the bug report feature in the options and sending that to support@zygorguides.com and then Cabby will make sure that it gets reported to the appropriate people.

If you are getting a lua error then if possible copy paste it into an email so we can see exactly where the issue is.

Comment

as of v4.0.5895 the travel system keeps telling me to find a wizard to teleport me to Stormwind city, since there are no direct paths. But I can fly there using regular flight masters. I also didn't see any new slidebar. Tried disabling and enabling the slidebar to see if it had anything to do with the travel system. I didn't see any difference (or a slidebar)

-having the guide move 1 step forward gets me a waypoint again, but moving 1 back gets me the teleport again.

Comment

The slidebar is currently just for the pet detector but there are plans to make more use of it for other features.

We are working on trying to get the teleport vs. flying (and other similar bugs) fixed as quickly as we can.

Comment

thanks:-) I'm gonna try to install the previous version over top of this one for now. I'm doing too much flying with the current event at the moment:-)

Comment

You could always install the Carbonite addon and set the guides to use that arrow. The only downfall to this is that you would then only have an arrow pointing to the waypoint and there would be no routing directions at all and that could become confusing with caves and such.

Comment

Working...
                              X