No announcement yet.

Problem With the Travel System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After starting questing in Jade Forest and going back to SW the travel system asked me to find a mage for a teleport to the Vale of Eternal Blossom instead of just taking the Jade Forest portal in SW.
    Guide version is 5895.

Comment

The latest Zygor update log 4.0.5920 says:

(B)"General
      Removed portal steps now handled through the travel system"

Why have steps using portals to travel to far away places been removed from the Travel system? It seems to me like portals would be a very efficient way to travel quickly. Just wondering why portals won't be used.

Comment

That is saying that instead of showing a step in the guide viewer telling you to use a portal it will now be showing when to use them with the travel system. We removed the guide viewer steps showing when to use a portal because now the arrow and travel system will show you when to use them. Just some general guide clean up.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I'm still having the same issue with needing to click on flight master NPCs in order to continue my flight path set by the guide. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Comment

As I'm using a German WoW client I cannot use the "take flights automatically" function of the guide.

If you turn this option off, does the guide highlight the correct target on the flight map?
            If the answer is yes: did you try with only the Zygor addon running and all others turned off?

Comment

Update: I am still having the same fight path issues that I was having weeks ago. The problem still occurs with all other addons disabled.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                You could always install the Carbonite addon and set the guides to use that arrow. The only downfall to this is that you would then only have an arrow pointing to the waypoint and there would be no routing directions at all and that could become confusing with caves and such.
                Just wanted to add a comment pertaining to Carbonite and NPC icons (including FlightMaster) icons. I've noticed that MANY of the icons on Carbonite's maps are in the wrong location. Most are close-by, but some are a hundred yards or more away from where the NPC is standing. Because the mapping system in Carbonite is so superior, it's still very easy to see the locations or Flight Masters that you want to travel to. Zooming in/out in realtime with the mouse makes it easy to find most things. I'm sure it will be fixed in Carbonite soon. The "straight-line" rubber-band isn't a hardship at all when trying to get from one place to another in a local area for quests. Zygor's Travel Guide is great for finding the optimal paths/methods of getting to far away places. I use both addons, and they seem to work well, in most cases.

Comment

Working...
                X