Way Pont arrow is my Herthstone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way Pont arrow is my Herthstone

How do I get my way point arrow back as it has turned into my hearthstone. Any suggestions are appreciated.

It sounds like maybe you have a corrupted file. Please try the following steps.

1. Exit WoW
    2. Go to your WoW/Interface/Addons folder and delete the ZygorGuidesViewer folder
    3. Go to your WoW/WTF/Account/<accountname>/SavedVariables folder and delete the Zygor files in there
    4. Run the Updater and install a fresh copy of the guide files

This will do a full reset of the guides and should fix the problem for you.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Thank you for your reply. Did all as requested, unfortunately, the hearthstone is still showing in place of the way point arrow.

Comment

Does the travel system tell you to use your hearthstone?
        Where are you standing and where does the guide want you to go?
        It may be a routing problem when you are in a particular subzone. You can try other settings for the travel system, I can't look up the exact option for this at the moment though. Try something other than "use very trick", I think you can even swith this by rightclicking the waypoint arrow (or hearthstone icon in your case).

Comment

Cartman - thank you for your quick reply. No, the travel system changed and is telling me to go back to areas I have already done. It is sending me in different directions and the hearthstone has replace my directional arrow (I can't really explain that any differently). I have "use every trick" checked, conducted the "repair" option" which has now made the guide transparent, showing only on step. I tried to upload a screen shot, but it failed. I tried to add as a word doc screen shot, but wouldn't let me...

Comment

If you select a different guide does the arrow start to work again?

Comment

It does not. Thank you for your assistance, obviously it is isolated to me so there might be something corrupt elsewhere. I will continue to debug.

Comment

When you were doing the steps I had above, when you got to the last step for running the Updater did it by chance have a current version number or did it say none?

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                  When you were doing the steps I had above, when you got to the last step for running the Updater did it by chance have a current version number or did it say none?
                  It indicates current version: 4.0.6321

Comment

I meant right after you had deleted the folder and files with doing the fresh install. At that point in time do you remember if it had a number or none?

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                      I meant right after you had deleted the folder and files with doing the fresh install. At that point in time do you remember if it had a number or none?
                      It indicated "none"

Comment

Have you tried disabling all other addons to see if it's an addon conflict of some kind?

Comment

I actually HATE that Hearthstone waypoint feature. In a new build can that be made an option? I am sure I am not alone in wishing I could decide to use it or turn it off. Thank You

Comment

Have you tried changing the Travel System options so that it won't try every trick in the book to get you to your location the fastest? I'm pretty sure that the setting in there will stop trying to use the hearthstone when you set it to be lazy and take the flights.

Comment

Working...
                            X