Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Levelling ahead by maximum questlevel

Hi,

this is not about a problem in the guide, the guide works correct in that aspect, its about an option or feature request.

i am levelling an alt. But when I use the guide it feels kinda to easy, i am cutting through anything without paying attention. Though this might be a nice way to level fast and secure, its also bit boring.
    What i tried was to use the next guif, that was "red" for me, but worked, although it says i should be level something+n bars.
    -> still easy
    so i switched to the over next guide .. (the mobs whe 2-3 levels ahead of me and quite alright to kill), BUT I couldnt take the quests, since i was to low level.

Hm ....

So what i was thinking is: Wouldnt it be nice to have an option to tick, where i say: "Zygor, give the maximum eligible quest guide, even if i have to skip one or another quest for beeing to low level"

Any comments on that?

Chris

While this would be nice, the way Blizzard has linked all of the quests together (in a zone) you can't get away with skipping a couple here and there or you would be locked out of most of the quests for the area.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

This is a common problem that occurred just prior to the launch of MoP. When Blizzard revamped the talent trees, they gave all classes a significant boost in power without adjusting the mob difficulty to compensate.

It begins to balance out around level 80.

So, what I did was use the opportunity while I was leveling to really work my rotation on my toon. I played with my abilities, messing around a bit to really see what worked and what didnt, which I think is the intent. I run a dps meter and try to just increase my dps per fight. Id try kiting. Or, my personal favorite, see how many mobs I could take on at once.

If you are using heirloom gear, thats another factor that makes it way super easy. Heirloom gear has super high stats compared to what you would ordinarily be wearing. While the xp loss might be disappointing, try equipping regular greens instead of heirloom gear and Ill bet youll see a significant difficulty increase.

But dps classes in particular feel way overpowered in pre-80 content, my hunter (only level 40ish) is currently 4-5 shotting things (no heirloom gear btw). Having just recently leveled a monk from 1-90 without using heirloom gear, I can tell you that once you hit Cata content (around level 80), it begins to level out, especially once you step into MoP content at 85 where it begins to feel like good ole vanilla difficulty.
      Last edited by littlewierdo; May 8, 2013, 07:11 AM.
      Race and Class: Dwarven Priest Character Name: Jacq US server: Cenarion Circle
      Primary Spec: Shadow Secondary Spec: Discipline

Comment

Originally posted by littlewierdo View Post
        When Blizzard revamped the talent trees, they gave all classes a significant boost in power without adjusting the mob difficulty to compensate.
        I refer to this as the 12 I-win buttons, starting with "1"...
        If you want to start Pandaria in hard mode do what I did: hit level 85 in Deepholm without visiting any dungeons and then move on to Pandaria with the crap gear you are wearing. You'll wish Blizzard had put the level 372 item vendor into the first village, not the second

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
          I refer to this as the 12 I-win buttons, starting with "1"...
          If you want to start Pandaria in hard mode do what I did: hit level 85 in Deepholm without visiting any dungeons and then move on to Pandaria with the crap gear you are wearing. You'll wish Blizzard had put the level 372 item vendor into the first village, not the second
          I dont do dungeons when I level so maybe thats why MoP seems more difficult than the rest of the world...

Comment

Dungeons in general are not so difficult. I was surprised when I did my first non heroic Pandaria dungeon while leveling (normally I also don't do dungeons).
            The problem I had with the first Pandaria quests was because I had leveling equipment from Deepholm only which has itemlevel 305 and 318.
            Uldum rewards have 312 and 325, Twilight Highlands 318 and 333. Pandaria items start with 372.
            So the first Pandaria quests I had to do with very inferior equipment. Until I reached Pearlfin Village and the vendor with the itemlevel 372 gear.

Comment

just an idea for the "maybe sometimes list": you could add an option to activate group-quests, because all group5 quests below 75 are soloable now, at least loomed.

Another point in the leveling-loomed szenario is the loot.
              I would love to have zygor choose the most expensive quest reward (for the loomed slot) and remember it to sell it next vendor.

alternatively: allways choose the red / unusable gear, so i can easily sell it next vendor.

Comment

The quest reward advisor/gear suggestion will pick the most valuable item for vendoring if there are no upgrades for you.
                My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by barracuda View Post
                  just an idea for the "maybe sometimes list": you could add an option to activate group-quests, because all group5 quests below 75 are soloable now, at least loomed.

Another point in the leveling-loomed szenario is the loot.
                  I would love to have zygor choose the most expensive quest reward (for the loomed slot) and remember it to sell it next vendor.

alternatively: allways choose the red / unusable gear, so i can easily sell it next vendor.
                  So, there are a couple of problems with this by default. There are certain greens that sell for alot of money, more than you might think (specific 77-79 greens and 83-84 greens). These items can sell for upwards of 100g to as high as 300g on the AH, depending on current AH conditions.

Greens also DE for a much higher value than what they vendor for (if you dont have an enchanter, what are you waiting for, DE'ing is probably the BEST way for making money while leveling alts - just send your unused greens to your enchanter for DEing).

The ONLY 'auto selling' of items I want happening is greys as there is absolutely NO value in greys whatsoever with exception to a few novelty items that people will pay a small amount of money for just to have (and these are easy enough to spot, just make sure to dump these into the bank as soon as you get them, or mail them off to a toon before you hit up a vendor).

I currently have one toon nearly gold capped (1 copper less than 1 million gold - aka 999,999 gold, 99 silver, 99 copper) and I take my money making potential pretty seriously.

Comment

Barracuda wants the guide to remember quest rewards and sell the unusable ones.
                    If an autosell unusable green items only sells bind on pickup things (all quest rewards are bound on pickup) it would not sell any random drops you might sell at the auction house.

Comment

how about populating the "autosell-list" of auc-advanced-automagic?

I know and understand that you dont like to support too many other addons, just an idea.

Comment

turning back to my initial topic:

I have a concrete example:

Leveling guide: Icecrown around step78

you can get and do the (G3) Quest "Mind Tricks" very easy and solo, but its not in the guide.
                        Quest giver is "Darkspeaker R'khem"
                        Quest Target is "Foremaster Thaldrin", standing next to it.

I know it would mean an imense effort to go through every guide in search for that, but maybe its a thing you might want to keep in the back of your head, during creating new guides.
                        Maybe it goes inline with the option:
                        Doing the guide "in group"/"loomed"/"overleveld" something like that

Comment

Originally posted by barracuda View Post
                          turning back to my initial topic:

I have a concrete example:

Leveling guide: Icecrown around step78

you can get and do the (G3) Quest "Mind Tricks" very easy and solo, but its not in the guide.
                          Quest giver is "Darkspeaker R'khem"
                          Quest Target is "Foremaster Thaldrin", standing next to it.

I know it would mean an imense effort to go through every guide in search for that, but maybe its a thing you might want to keep in the back of your head, during creating new guides.
                          Maybe it goes inline with the option:
                          Doing the guide "in group"/"loomed"/"overleveld" something like that
                          What level were you when you did this quest and what class?

Not all classes are created equal, especially in the leveling process, for example, I had a very difficult time getting quests done with my priest in Ice Crown that I found to be a piece of cake with my Warlock, Mage, and Monk.

In fact, it is often the case that I have found a few quests to be too difficult that even Zygor suggested I do, requiring getting some help (there was one I did with my monk in Krasarang that involved killing an elite, it was a quest just after I killed the mobs next to other tired pandas to 'impress' them).

I do think every quest in the game should be covered between the leveling and loremaster guides, but if anything, these should be put into the loremaster guide, not the leveling guide (loremaster is imo optional content).

Comment

Working...
                          X