OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attention Mac Users: Zygor Guides Needs Your Help!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zygor Dev 6 View Post
    Bah. I fixed the default path but didn't implement it. It should actually default properly now. If everyone above was leaving it as default, that would explain it. Wow.app and Wow-64 app simply didn't exist. Changing it to the launcher gave it a valid path.

A fix for that is now up. (It should notify you that a client update is available in your current client)
    Everything works - no problem that I can find.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdave View Post
      Started the app again from the .jar file, this then downloaded the 5mb file, I selected to keep my previous settings at the relevant dialog box.
      The main application opened, and has automatically started to download the updates (the setting I left it on last time)
      Once it completed the application closed. Is this meant to happen?

I have set the path for the launcher to the World of Warcraft-64.app and this now opens WoW when you click on the launch button
      It is not meant to happen. Did it get sent to the System Tray or did the application close completely?

Glad to hear everything's working as expected now

Comment

The application closed completely, there was nothing in the system tray.

As an aside and it may be related or not, since using the new version I created a worgen character and the direction arrow doesnt seem to work, it is just stuck (currently pointing downwards - worgen 1-13 levelling guide step 112), it works fine on a windows PC in the worgen starting area, and works fine on other toons i've tested.

I tried uninstalling zygor and re-installing, and got the same issue as above, where the application closes once its finished its download.

Comment

I think you have an old version of the guide being used in game. When in game open the guide selection window (small drop down arrow on guide viewer) and tell me what it displays as the version number in the lower left corner.
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
            I think you have an old version of the guide being used in game. When in game open the guide selection window (small drop down arrow on guide viewer) and tell me what it displays as the version number in the lower left corner.
            Hi, it says ver 4.0.6797

Cheers

Comment

Ok, the Worgen arrow issue was supposedly fixed just the other week. Try doing a repair in the Updater to make sure you have a fresh copy of the guide files to see if that fixes it. If it doesn't try doing a reset of the guides by going into your WoW/WTF/Account/<accountname>/SavedVariables folder and delete the Zygor files in there.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                Ok, the Worgen arrow issue was supposedly fixed just the other week. Try doing a repair in the Updater to make sure you have a fresh copy of the guide files to see if that fixes it. If it doesn't try doing a reset of the guides by going into your WoW/WTF/Account/<accountname>/SavedVariables folder and delete the Zygor files in there.
                Tried all that, and a full re-install, still got the same issue i'm afraid, noticed the guide has downloaded a new version 4.0.6801, which has been installed

Comment

Ok, we'll have to look into the arrow issue then. I'll leave it go at that in this thread since this is for the Updater client.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Admin View Post
                    If you are a Mac user and would like to help test Zygor Guides all new Mac client please leave a comment in this thread and include what version of the OS you are currently running.

Your help is much appreciated as we work to provide a better experience for our Mac customers.
                    I may be a little late, but I'm using Macs version 10.8.4 on all my computers and have 6 that I currently use and game on.

Comment

What's the latest on this beta? And when do you think you'll be able to fix the Zero Byte Resource error that pops up every time the updater runs?

Thanks.

Comment

I have no ETA on when it will be released from beta. It's a new Updater client that will be for both Mac and Windows right now so testing is going on with both systems.

Comment

If still accepting would like to help. Running an iMac, Mavericks 10.9.1. Already have some issues.

Thanks.

Comment

I'd like to help too, and as other also have a bunch of "Warning: replacing invalid character code 147/148"'s

Am running Mavericks 10.9.1

Cheers

Comment

Hi, I'm running the latest ox on a MacBook Pro.

Comment

I too would like to help. Mav 10.9.2 on MacBook Pro 13"

Comment

Working...
                                X