OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to make custom guides 'stick'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a way to make custom guides 'stick'?

I update Zygor pretty frequently which involves deleting the zygor folder, downloading the manual package, copying into my WoW directory, then re-copying my custom guides.

Is there a way that a 'zygor user guides' folder could be added to the interface addons where we can place our custom guides so that they do not have to be re-copied everytime I update the addon?

The idea is, if this folder does not exist, everything functions like normal. But if this folder does exist, the zygor addon would see this folder and allow any guides found in this folder to be updated.

I also am suggesting that this folder NOT be included in the normal zygor addon, ie, the user needs to create the folder manually - the idea being so that the user does not have to worry about re-copying custom guides every time they update the addon.

So, to be absolutely clear, folder structure would have the following:

Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons\ZygorGuidesViewer
    Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons\ZygorUserGuides
    Last edited by littlewierdo; June 17, 2013, 05:56 PM.
    Race and Class: Dwarven Priest Character Name: Jacq US server: Cenarion Circle
    Primary Spec: Shadow Secondary Spec: Discipline

Interesting idea, wonder why no one thought of it before. I've put it in the Suggestions list for the team to review.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
    X