Quest Names / Gear Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quest Names / Gear Question

Current character is a rogue -- 2/3 through level 84. I plan to move to Jade Forest as soon as I ding 85.

Looking at WoWHead, I see I have one of three routes for gear:
    1) Buy iLvl 372 green MoP starter gear from the vendor in Jade.
    2) Craft iLvl 384 green/blue gear (after buying leather from AH to make exotics).
    3) Wear my iLvl 300 CATA gear and replace it with quest rewards.

Problem with option 3 is I don't know the quest order and the guide appears to only have quest numbers so I don't know how far into the guide I'd have to go to get certain pieces of gear or weapons.

I don't have a problem with option 2 (need to raise leatherworking anyway), but is it worth waiting to upgrade my daggers? If I get new weapons right away, not an issue, but if I don't get them as quest rewards or drops until I've nearly finished with the zone, then I'd be better off buying new daggers as soon as I zone in.

Is there somewhere the quest names are listed so I can correlate the two?

You should be able to do whatever you need to in Jade Forest for questing with your current gear until you're sent to the area that has the MoP starter gear vendor. No need to worry about upgrading what you have right now.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

The first quests may be a bit difficult with Cata equipment. But especially as a sneaky Rogue you should not run into big trouble.
      You will get the first quest reward weapon before you fight any mobs. The second one you will get a few quests later.

Comment

Cartman --

Thanks. The weapons were my biggest worry. I can make the armor -- I've got most of the i384 patterns it's just a matter of the RNG giving out the right combination of stats for me to use. But didn't figure I could hit hard enough (or fast enough) with my 400dps - 500dps daggers from Cata when the greens from the vendor are 1043dps.

I moved to Twilight Highlands after hitting 84 in the first temple in Uldum. I quested through opening the portal then returned to the beach with a potion of treasure findinghttp://www.wowhead.com/spell=80726. Non-stop kills at ~5000 exp per kill (non-rested) and getting 8 - 10 tiny treasure chests http://www.wowhead.com/item=67539 every half hour. Won't be picking up any higher iLvl gear from Twilight (or Uldum).

Comment

I even managed to get through the first quests in Pandaria with a Shaman and only Deepholm gear.
          My Rogue did not have any problems in Pandaria first with Twilight Highlands gear and then with the itemlevel 372 gear from Pearlfin Village in Jade forest (the second village you come across).

Comment

Getting gear in MoP is not a problem, just take your time and enjoy the ride. No need to worry about gear and how to get it, it comes fast and furious.

One of the changes made is that EVERY quest that offers gear rewards now offers something you can at least wear or use (it may or may not have the stats you are looking for). I think I had everything replaced when I finished Jade Forest.
            Race and Class: Dwarven Priest Character Name: Jacq US server: Cenarion Circle
            Primary Spec: Shadow Secondary Spec: Discipline

Comment

Haven't finished Jade Forest yet. However, I'm starting to outstrip my ability to provide enchants so I'm going to run my hunter through the zone over the weekend. Looking at Wowhead, it appears there are a couple of quest chains that melee classes get a weapon out of but casters (priests, mages, locks) and hunters get nothing. Blizzard could at least give us a couple of shards or some other enchanting mat out of it.

Legs come with quest 61, shoulders with quest 76, and hands with quest 91 -- all other pieces show up earlier in the guide turn-in order so (I did say I spent time on Wowhead ), so if anyone else reads this those would possibly be the only pieces I'd consider upgrading if you were at iLvl 270 gear (Hyjal / Vash'jir).

Comment

Trying to enchant that green gear while your leveling is a waste of an enchant. You don't need the slight boost from the enchants for questing or dungeon runs.
                My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Looking at wowhead I see some caster staves:
                  http://www.wowhead.com/items=2.10?fi...crs=5785;crv=0
                  You get them the same time you get the weapons for other classes.
                  The first one (itemlevel 372) for the Gyrocopter quest at the beginning.
                  The 384 one for the brawl quest in Tian Monastery.
                  And a 404 one also early in the guide before visiting the Lorewalker:
                  http://www.wowhead.com/quest=29906
                  (click the class buttons to see which ones will be available to you)
                  The same applies to ranged weapons for hunters.

I normally replace everything not itemlevel 372 when entering Pearlfin Village, even though I get some 372 items afterwards as a quest reward. Finding out which ones I don't need to replace simply takes more time than getting back the gold by questing...

Comment

Working...
                  X