Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

require help please

Hey guys,

I just did a fresh install of wow and then added zygors. When I launch the game only zygors guide shows up in my addons not talent advisor. If I leave it checked and check the "load outdated addons" zygors does not come up in game. do you know why ? am I missing something ? I have tried running the repair and a few times but nothing seems to work. Your assistance would be appreciated. Thank you

You will no longer see the Talent Advisor in the addons listing. We integrated that into the Guide Viewer so that it's all 1 addon now.

Try pulling up the addons listing at the character selection screen and click the check box beside the Zygor Guides Viewer 4 entry a couple times. You want to make sure that check mark is yellow, not silver. If that doesn't get your guide viewer to show up try going to your WoW/WTF/Account/<accountname>/SavedVariables folder and delete the Zygor files in there.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

hey cabby,

Thanks for the prompt response sorry mine is a bit delayed. I have tried both of your suggestions but unfortunately no luck. I've had this happen before but never on a clean install. any other ideas you or anyone else may have would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Ok, so you installed the guides and you can see them in the listing at the character selection screen but when you go in game they aren't there?

The check mark beside the guide viewer entry on the list at the character selection screen is yellow?

If those are both yes, do you see the guide viewer listed on the in game addons listing accessed via the Interface window?

Comment

so yes to the first two and no to the third. very odd

Comment

Ok, try going to the addons list at the character selection screen and click the check box beside the guide viewer entry a few times to toggle the guides off then back on again. Make sure you stop when the check mark is yellow, not silver.

Comment

Dude I am all over that checkbox ! I have checked and uncheck a billion times, I've rebooted 3 times of course lol and wept for a while. Frustrating................

Comment

When you look at the character selection screen addons listing, is the guide viewer in a red font?

Comment

no its yellow, well gold I suppose.

Comment

Try this.

Go to your Addons folder and delete the ZygorGuidesViewer folder in there then run the Zygor Updater. Look at the current version spot and see if it says none or has a number.

Comment

it says none

Comment

It said none and then promptly reinstalled

Comment

Ok, when in game press the Escape key, click on Interface, then click on the Addons tab at the top. You should see the guide viewer listed in there on the left side. Click on the words Zygor Guides Viewer and you should now see some check boxes to toggle the display of the guide viewer and mini map button. Use those to see if you can get it showing.

Comment

nope, unfortunately still nothing in the interface. i'm at a total loss

Comment

Ok, try going to your WoW folder and move the WTF folder to a different location so it's no longer in your WoW folder. That should reset everything about your game and addons and hopefully will get it working again.

Comment

Working...
                              X