The dragon trinket and cogwheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The dragon trinket and cogwheels

One thing I have noticed whilst using the guides (Thank you again, so much, Keith!) is that the gear suggestion piece does not seem to take into account cogwheels. I am not certain whether it takes into account gem slots or gems.

Is this the experience others have, or is it possible I need to run a Repair on my guides?

Should a repair be performed periodically to clear things out at all?

I have to say, it seemed to take me forever to level my first 90. I have begun the work to level a second character and in just 4 12-hour days of play, my priestess is at level 88 + 80% of the way to 89, simply by following the guide.

On another topic, I am visitng the US this week and next and you all have the biggest motorways I have ever witnessed!.
    All these moments will be lost, in time, like tears in rain.

The gear suggestion only gives some points for having the socket but it can't see what is in the socket to give an accurate score. This means it's very easy to have something that the gear suggestion thinks is better but really isn't because of what's in the sockets. In these situations you'll have to use your best judgement for what you believe will be better.

And the first character to 90 will always seem to take forever because everything is new to you so you're more cautious and more curious and get side tracked a lot easier.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I can certainly second the more cautious part of that. A lot of it depends on the characters. First I ran to 90 was a rogue. Sneaking around made a lot of quests easier to do -- wander in, grab what I wanted, then leave. Hit 90 about 2/3 through the Kun-Lai guide. Second I took to 90 was a hunter -- having a bear to take the damage for me, I hit 90 on first quest hub in Kun-Lai. Crane temple in Krasarang took an entire day with a dozen deaths on the rogue, 20 minutes tops on the hunter.

What hurts is how long it takes to get the first character to revered with a faction for the commendation --- seems to take forever. The following toons get double rep from the start so feels like they make exalted in less time than the first got to revered.

Comment

How would one "read" the items in the sockets, or is this information not available to addons? Am just curious - other than playing and writing some rudimentary macros, I really have no experience with programming other than some C# that my Mum is teaching me.

I wish I could apply for the position of play tester, but Pyrford is a rather long commute to Ohio.
        All these moments will be lost, in time, like tears in rain.

Comment

There is an API call that can be used to see how many sockets an item has, but I believe the one that was used to return what is in the sockets was removed from the WoW API. I see a function for it in the API wiki (http://www.wowwiki.com/Api) but it's in red and that normally means it's a dead function.
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I think the red marked functions only lack documentation at wowwiki.
            According to this site the function only works when the socketing window is open, which makes it unusable for the guide:
            http://wowprogramming.com/docs/api/G...tingSocketInfo

Other addons like Pawn also have problems with sockets and procs on trinkets. It's often difficult to dtermine waht is best.
            Especially sockets are a problem because you are able to reforge items so for example a hit gem may not be the best solution even if you lack hit because you can reforge low priority stats into hit and the get a more useful gem.

Comment

Working...
            X