No announcement yet.

Alliance, Zul Drak, (75-77) steps 35 up to step 56 - several problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really uncharacteristic cabby and not very helpful...

So basically, you have two issues - the item isnt in readily clickable & the pet bar didnt show up.

The first is fixable by the Zygor staff, they can put the item icon in each of the steps.

The second is a problem on your end, nothing the Zygor staff couldve done to address this.

Im going back to the first however to bring up a few things you couldve done to make this easier on yourself.

And forgive me, I come from vanilla when these were 'standard things' you did for quests like this.

The first option is to get a decent bag addon that puts all your bags into one big window and separates everything by categories. I use AdiBags but there are alternatives, Arkinventory is also very popular.

This places your quest items into their own little section when you open your bags and makes them findable very easily.

The second option, the one I also use, is to keep one open slot open on your action bar where 'clickable on-use quest items' can be dragged into that slot for easy access.

The last thing Im going to recommend is another addon called Lightheaded which integrates into your quest log. This is a parse of all the WoWhead comments for the quest you are clicking on, ANYTIME you are having difficulties with a quest, open your quest log, left click on the quest in question, and a pane opens on the right hand side with all of the comments. There is a page flip button in the lower right corner that allows you to read each comment. Note that you can only get it on www.wowinterface.com, its linked above.
    Last edited by littlewierdo; August 15, 2013, 09:00 PM.
    Race and Class: Dwarven Priest Character Name: Jacq US server: Cenarion Circle
    Primary Spec: Shadow Secondary Spec: Discipline

Comment

Originally posted by kreelor View Post
      I'm curious about how you managed to succeed in the quest which I couldn't/wouldn't succeed at.
      Basically it works as if you were a hunter and only let your pet fight.
      Control the Abomination, go up to the big guy but stay out of range.
      I can't remember if I let the Abomination attack by using the standard pet attack (CTRL+1) or if I directly used the abilities.
      You have one stun ability, use this on cooldown and spam the other attacks.
      It's still possible that the Abomination dies before the big guy is dead. Then you have to try to win the fight on your own. A ranged class should be able to do this.
      Also your disguise may fail while in combat. In this case the Abomination will also attack you. So it's good to look for a safe path to run away before entering combat (unless you are Mage, Rogue or Hunter).

The best advice I can give you is to always read the description of action buttons if you enter a vehicle or have a temporary pet. If you did this you maybe need 1 or 2 tries to figure out what to do when.

Comment

Cartman, I did everything you suggested while I attempted that quest. I read and re-read the info on the abilities and I did use the 'stun' one, first. I thought "if he's stunned, I might have a better chance". The problems I encountered (which were fatal to me!) were that after that very 1st shot, he killed my Abomination instantly, my disguise fell off, and he charged and killed me before I could even shoot once more! LOL. I never had the time to "Feign Death," run away, or even 'revive' my own Pet. A Hunter without a pet has little chance to survive. Then, to recover my body (which seemed to be a mile away!) was more than I wanted to deal with at the time. I had recovered it 3 times already.
        --Thanks for your reply.

Comment

Originally posted by littlewierdo View Post
          Really uncharacteristic cabby and not very helpful...

So basically, you have two issues - the item isnt in readily clickable & the pet bar didnt show up.

The first is fixable by the Zygor staff, they can put the item icon in each of the steps.

The second is a problem on your end, nothing the Zygor staff couldve done to address this.

Im going back to the first however to bring up a few things you couldve done to make this easier on yourself.

And forgive me, I come from vanilla when these were 'standard things' you did for quests like this.

The first option is to get a decent bag addon that puts all your bags into one big window and separates everything by categories. I use AdiBags but there are alternatives, Arkinventory is also very popular.

This places your quest items into their own little section when you open your bags and makes them findable very easily.

The second option, the one I also use, is to keep one open slot open on your action bar where 'clickable on-use quest items' can be dragged into that slot for easy access.

The last thing Im going to recommend is another addon called Lightheaded which integrates into your quest log. This is a parse of all the WoWhead comments for the quest you are clicking on, ANYTIME you are having difficulties with a quest, open your quest log, left click on the quest in question, and a pane opens on the right hand side with all of the comments. There is a page flip button in the lower right corner that allows you to read each comment. Note that you can only get it on www.wowinterface.com, its linked above.
          Thanks, littlewierdo, for the suggestions. However, I like having manual control over the items in my bags, so I probably won't use the AdiBags addon. Also, I don't want to install and use still another addon (Lightheaded) to do what I bought Zygor to do. Granted, the Lightheaded addon may have more options, but I'm more or less happy now by keeping things as simple as possible, as long as they work and serve the purpose! As mentioned already, I should have put the 'diguise' icon on my action bar or in a specific slot in my backpack. I didn't do that because I never imagined that it would be so difficult to do that quest. It's unlike almost every other quest I've encountered. I thought I could just 'jump in, do it, and move on!' -- Wrong!

Comment

Maybe in your case something was bugged, normally Darmuk does not hit that hard, there are even several comments at wowhead about people that were able to solo him with different classes (mainly range DDs and tanks).

One other thing that came just in my mind is a phasing issue. I looked up Darmuk at wowhead but did not find a second incarnation of him. But I have the strange feeling that while doing another quest (the one where you control the giant) in another phase I saw him standing around, possibly with more hitpoints or stronger. But this was so long ago that I may be wrong.

Comment

Working...
            X