OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A question about the guide since game update.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A question about the guide since game update.

Does the guide work since the map has been updated and things have changed?
    Have not tryed the guide since the patch came out and was wondering if it works alright as I had a problem with it not working with the changes?

Thanks.

Yes, download the latest version of the guide in the members area and get rid of any Cartographer folders you might still have. It had been Cartographer messing with stuff and the newest version of the guide now includes a built in waypoint arrow that doesn't mess with the map.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Installing Horde & Alliance Guides

I used to be able to install both guides to Addons with no problem. Now, one guide overwrites the other. If I install Alliance first, I have to go into the downloaded Horde guide and manually copy the Horde.Lua file, then paste it into the Guides sub-directory. Some users might get confused doing this. Can you please fix this problem so that both install easily like they used to?

Also, some of us have both level 80's and lower characters and we use the Cartographer & Questhelper mods. Users should not delete Cartographer or Questhelper just in case they need to use them with an already leveled character. Simply uncheck the Cartographer and Questhelper selections to use Zygor. It would be great if we were able to use Zygor for quest tracking after we reach 80.

Thanks!

Comment

You'll eventually have to get rid of Cartographer no matter what since the author of that addon has abandoned it and is no longer updating it. I'd personally suggest replacing both Cartographer and QuestHelper with Carbonite. Carbonite essentially does the same thing as both of those addons plus some other features that can replace addons such as Gatherer and Altaholic.

Comment

I prefer GatherMate over carbonite, because of the GatherMate_Data.
          Carbonite only show youre own ore/herb and the one of youre friends and guildmembers that alsa use Carbonite (last time I used it)

I alsa find GatherMate to use less computer resources than Carbonite.

Comment

Well of course GatherMate would use less resources since Carbonite is much more than just gathering type stuff. Not sure if this was part of it when you last tried Carbonite but it does have a nice sized database for node locations that can be imported.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for help I will try it and see if it works for me

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                You'll eventually have to get rid of Cartographer no matter what since the author of that addon has abandoned it and is no longer updating it. I'd personally suggest replacing both Cartographer and QuestHelper with Carbonite. Carbonite essentially does the same thing as both of those addons plus some other features that can replace addons such as Gatherer and Altaholic.
                Thanks cabby. I'll give Carbonite a try. I've deleted Cartographer but still have Questhelper and Gatherer. If Carbonite replaces everything I've read in the posts, that should free up some resources!

Comment

Working...
                X