Rogue Talent advisor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rogue Talent advisor

Leveling my rogue - I'm at 85 now, and I just came back from a fair break from WoW.

I get back and I've pretty much forgotten how to effectively play, so I check out some websites that are really good for helping people get a good spec and rotation down.

I was cross-referencing with Icy Veins, and was just wondering why Zygor suggests Combat spec to level with the talent choices and glyphs it does, and Icy Veins suggests a completely different Talent/Glyph set-up for Combat leveling ( http://www.wowdb.com/talent-calculat...zLLGLLJKfcAQ/S )?

With that said, I don't care which spec I level with, as long as it's the most effective, allowing me to kill mobs and complete quests faster...furthermore, with Zygor suggesting my Spec and Talents, does Zygor also suggest a rotation?

If not, what does Zygor base it's spec and talent/glyph recommendations on? Why not Assassination instead of Combat...or Subtlety? Honestly, Assassination is what I was leaning toward until the talent adviser gave me the little warning about how it wasn't Combat... So I just backed out of the game (I'm tired anyway) and decided to get my questions and concerns hashed out before resuming play. I really am curious about Zygor's position on leveling with specific Specs.

Thanks!
    Last edited by fluffychef; November 4, 2013, 12:31 AM. Reason: Added hyperlink, articulated questions.

The big difference between the Zygor recommendations and all the recommendations of the different websites like Elitist Jerks and Icy Veins is that the website information is all based on end game max dps (for rogue) dungeon/raiding orientation where the Zygor recommendations are meant to help you survive solo questing while leveling.

And no, Zygor does not have any recommendations for rotations. Again, when you see rotation recommendations on websites they're normally geared toward max dps for raids. If you would like help with rotations in game I would personally recommend Ovale Spell Priority and Nerien's Ovale Scripts as these two together provide a great in-game rotation helper for almost every class/spec and it's also easy to use them to make your own changes to the scripts if you want.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Cabby, I'll definitely check out those add-ons.

Also, thanks for clearing up the haze on talent/spec recommendations!

Comment

Hi Cabby, Icy Veins also has levelling specs (talents and glyphs) and rotations for each class as well as end game specs/rotations.

To be honest, I've found the Icy Veins levelling specs to be more useful than the Zygor ones. I think this is what fluffychef was getting at.

As far as rogues go, I've always levelled as Assassination - it feels far more roguish than combat and I never had a problem, even in Dread Wastes. So long as you don't over-commit yourself with mobs then health is never a problem.

Comment

I seldom look at Icy Veins so I thought they just had the end game stuff.
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by mzanker View Post
            Hi Cabby, Icy Veins also has levelling specs (talents and glyphs) and rotations for each class as well as end game specs/rotations.

To be honest, I've found the Icy Veins levelling specs to be more useful than the Zygor ones. I think this is what fluffychef was getting at.

As far as rogues go, I've always levelled as Assassination - it feels far more roguish than combat and I never had a problem, even in Dread Wastes. So long as you don't over-commit yourself with mobs then health is never a problem.
            Well not every class has a full leveling guide on Icy Veins-for instance the Warrior Leveling guide if only for level 85-90

Comment

Originally posted by zion6 View Post
              Well not every class has a full leveling guide on Icy Veins-for instance the Warrior Leveling guide if only for level 85-90
              I think they're all 85-90 apart from Monk. They give the best glyph and talent options for survival/questing and the rotation. Icy Veins is not a levelling guide.

Comment

Working...
              X