OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why won't/can't Zygor check user's items in bags?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why won't/can't Zygor check user's items in bags?

I'm wondering why Zygor can't or won't read and display what users already have in their bags? Presenting that information is an extremely valuable feature. Neither does Zygor look at the list of user's captured Battle Pets. Other addons can do both very effectively, and some addons even know what users have in the bank (for all their alts!). Without such information, some of the guides are not actually guides, since it often causes users to re-acquire (at cost and time) items which they already have. Just asking.

The guides look to see what items you have in your bags if it's required for the step. If something isn't needed for a step the guides don't care about it. You're basically asking why doesn't the guide viewer addon do all the stuff that other different addons can do. We're not trying to re-invent the wheel and make one addon that can do everything. We have created an addon who's sole purpose is to display the guide steps in a neat manner. We have some extra features added into the guide viewer that will make questing/leveling easier but they are there for the purpose of questing/leveling. Keeping track of all your battle pets (you can have 3 of each) or keeping track of your inventory and displaying it in the tooltip are not integral to the questing/leveling process, and since there are plenty of other addons that do these functions well (as you pointed out) there's no need to add that functionality and make the guide viewer more complicated and more prone to bugs.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Altoholic is a must have for, erm, altoholics. The tooltips tell you if you or any of your alts have that particular item and how many. You can also search all of your alts (bags and bank) for items. Invaluable for e.g. keeping track of who's got that heirloom agility helm you can't find.

Even more so after 5.4.2 when you'll be able to mail BoA items to alts on other servers.

Comment

I think BankItems is a more minimalistic approach to this, so if you don't want a large addon like Altoholic or replace the bag interface like Bagnon does BankItems should be worth a try.

Comment

Thanks for the replies and suggestions. I didn't see the need to mention this in my first post, but I use both Auctioneer addon and Carbonite addon. I'm happy with both of them! Auctioneer helps a lot and Carbonite's Warehouse feature is indispensable, especially since Zygor displays nothing while I'm following its steps. What I wanted was to not have to access two other addons while using Zygor to decide whether or not to buy or go gather items its own guides require. But, I can see now, that's never going to happen. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X