Boomkins and agi gear? WTF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomkins and agi gear? WTF?

Im leveling a boomkin, I would like to know why the gear suggest feature continually keeps recommending agility gear to me?

It should go without saying, boomkins dont benefit from agility gear. If I already have an Int piece equipped, why would I be getting suggestions to equip agility gear?

And by the way, Ill curb the speculation by saying, I have currently, an ilvl 272 leather piece equipped with Int, I finished a quest and picked up an agi ilvl 272 leather piece and the guide recommended that I change to the piece I just picked up, which wouldve had absolutely no benefit other than slightly more stamina.

In other words, as a boomkin, Int trumps agi ALWAYS and I should NEVER be recommended an agi piece, PERIOD.

And no, I dont want to play a kitty druid, if its a subtle way of saying 'you're doing it wrong', it isnt working.

And no, Im not going to show the items because its constantly been doing this during my entire leveling time with my druid, all the way from level 1 to now level 83, it should be pretty easy to look through the code and figure out why my spec isnt being taken into account (I have pretty good reason to believe that the guide is assuming that I should be leveling as a kitty and is taking no other specs into account as a viable leveling spec).
    Last edited by littlewierdo; January 21, 2014, 08:38 PM.
    Race and Class: Dwarven Priest Character Name: Jacq US server: Cenarion Circle
    Primary Spec: Shadow Secondary Spec: Discipline

I know you said you don't want to do it but we need to know one good example of what you have equipped and what it suggests to replace it with. Without knowing what the items in question are we don't know where to start looking to see what's the potential problem.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I noticed this too, having just levelled a balance druid - sorry for not reporting. It was a perfectly fine levelling spec, too - a little slower than kitty in MoP but at no point did I feel I was going to die.

Comment

You're saying you noticed odd gear suggestions as well?

Comment

Yes, agility gear when specced as Balance. I should've reported it, sorry, but just disabled gear suggestions instead.

Comment

Ok, added this for the dev team to investigate.

Comment

This happens to me too, but in reverse. As a Feral Druid I get Balance gear recommended.

Comment

So magically, we dont need examples now? Good Lord... Come on Cabby, you do realize this is pretty insulting dont you?

Is it also going to take multiple people reporting that the talent trees are all way out of date in order to get that looked at as well? Or do I just need to provide examples?

I know you said you don't want to do it but we need to know one good example of what you have equipped and what it suggests to replace it with. Without knowing what the items in question are we don't know where to start looking to see what's the potential problem.
                ....Several others report a similar problem with no examples given...

Ok, added this for the dev team to investigate.
                Last edited by littlewierdo; January 29, 2014, 02:09 AM.

Comment

When one person reports a problem the most common result is that it's specific to them/their computer. When multiple people report the same problem then it's more likely something with the guides. It wasn't meant to be insulting to you, just the normal progression of trying to troubleshoot a problem. When you first posted you were the only one so at that point we needed an example so we could look everything over to determine if it was one of many things that could be on your end or if it was on our end. Once others reported the same problem then it was at the point where we should be able to reproduce it pretty easy on our end and most likely our problem. There have been a lot of cases with the gear suggestions that someone says it's bugged but when we look at the items in question it was valid suggestions due to the other stats on the items and not the main stat.

Comment

Look at the name of the post, that should tell you its not just a minor problem.

I also take issue with this statement:

Once others reported the same problem then it was at the point where we should be able to reproduce it pretty easy on our end and most likely our problem.
                    That's simply put, BS. What you are saying here is that unless an example is given or multiple people report it, it cant be reproduced.

I understand what you are trying to say, unless someone gives an example OR multiple people report a problem, it turns out that some of the time, it is user error, not the addon, which is not productive for our dev team.

Im not an idiot, but this sure made me feel like one, like perhaps, it was my fault, the all too common 'user error' that developers like to throw around because they dont want to fix their software.

But rest assured, if someone goes to the trouble to report a problem, especially something as significant as this (nearly everything suggested for my druid has been all wrong, during the entire leveling process, I manually equipped everything and Zygor continued to insist that I should be equipping agi gear), I think its worth looking into.

And, a few choice quotes from the OP:

Im leveling a boomkin, I would like to know why the gear suggest feature continually keeps recommending agility gear to me?
                    ...Im not going to show the items because its constantly been doing this during my entire leveling time with my druid, all the way from level 1 to now level 83...
                    Last edited by littlewierdo; January 29, 2014, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X