Changing stat weights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing stat weights

So, Im wondering if I can go in and change the stat weights myself in the ItemScore.lua file...

I noticed when just taking a brief peak that your ratios are all completely wrong, it looks like you guys are using pre-mop figures and it also looks like you guys dont take into account offhands for certain classes that can use them.

In addition, the talent tree choices are all pre-mop which needs to be updated.

Id also like to know whether it would break things if I lowered the values (I havent looked super deep at the code and what math you guys are doing but I think I have an idea) to the standard values that are used instead of the 20 base system you guys apparently are using.

The standard looks more like this:

Balance Druid

Int 6.3
    Spell Hit 5.9 (up to 15%)
    Spell Power 4.9
    Haste 3.65 (up to 5273)
    Crit 3.6
    Mastery 3.3
    Haste 3 (5273+)

Where as, the numbers you guys are using look like this:

Balance Druid

Int 20
    Spell Power 20
    Hit 18 (up to 15% cap)
    Spirit 18
    Haste 16
    Crit 14
    Mastery 12
    Race and Class: Dwarven Priest Character Name: Jacq US server: Cenarion Circle
    Primary Spec: Shadow Secondary Spec: Discipline

I think you might have an old ItemScore.lua file there. This is what I'm seeing for Balance Druid:

Int 20
    Spell Power 18
    Hit 16 (up to 15% cap)
    Spirit 16 (up to 15%)
    Haste 14
    Crit 12
    Mastery 10

This stat priority lines up just fine with the Noxxic 5.4.2 stat priority for Balance Druids. We don't have a way to do do haste to a breakpoint only so that's why we don't have it split into two like you would expect. So in reality the only difference between what you'd like to see the priority and what we have for priority is that Spell Power and Hit are reversed.

I'm not sure where you're getting your stat priorities from but please keep in mind 2 very important things. First is that there are many websites out there and the main ones (Icy Veins, ElitistJerks, Noxxic, etc.) all have slightly different priorities and it's impossible for anyone to say that a particular priority is the perfect one. Second, the gear system was designed to work with the leveling guides and you're looking at it for end game aspects. End game stat priorities won't always be the best to use when you're level 50 and as such there's a good chance our stat priorities might not be the best for end game. For end game stats I would personally recommend Weights Watcher (available on WoWInterface) as I believe it uses Mr.Robot priorities and it is very easily adjusted to any priority you want, but it can't do a haste breakpoint in the priority. The only one I know that can do breakpoints and caps like that hasn't been updated since May and isn't working right because the libraries haven't been updated for even longer.

And the 2nd point about the gear system also applies to the talent tree choices. They are picked based on leveling, not end game.
    Last edited by cabby; January 29, 2014, 10:08 AM.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I would argue if your stat priority is for leveling only, then why include hit at all? It shouldnt even be a consideration until end-game.

Im not asking for an addon to handle end-game stat weighting, Im asking that if you are going to do it, that you weight them much closer to the weights that the number crunching nuts have come up with.

Hell, thats why they do it, so you dont have to!! We dont have to re-invent the wheel.

So, just updated today (manually deleted folder, manually downloaded addon, unzipped to addons folder).

Zygor ItemScore.jpg

This does not show the numbers you posted.

And this wonkiness is creating fun gear suggestions like this one...

Zygor Wonky Stats.jpg
      Last edited by littlewierdo; January 29, 2014, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Try doing a wipe and fresh install of the guide files. It's possible that the Updater isn't updating it for some odd reason but I know it's been changed a few times since MoP came out.

And even when leveling you need to have some kind of stat priority in order to suggest what gear will be an upgrade. It's impossible to say what item is an upgrade over what you're wearing if you do not prioritize at least one stat. If there was no stat priority until end game then everyone would be running around at level 89 in the same gear they started the game with.

And yes, our stat priority weights are based on the Noxxic site.

Comment

Read above, I just updated my post just above yours with pictures.

Im not suggesting no stat priority, Im suggesting something that resembles what it should be in 5.4.2. I posted a picture above with the most recent itemscore.lua that is being included with the most current version of Zygor (I just updated it a few minutes ago) and its no different than the 2 week old version I had.

If you guys are finally getting around to fixing them, great.

Now, Ill be the first to admit that gear and stat prioritization is really unnecessary while leveling. Just use the item with the highest ilvl (this is applicable only during leveling, not end-game) and with the appropriate stats (as a boomkin, a higher ilvl item with agility is not going to be as good as a lower ilvl item with int) and I doubt you'll run into any issues.

But, if you're going to do it, lets get some current numbers in there that reflect what the number crunchers are saying, otherwise, its all for naught.

By the way, the source for everyones numbers comes from a little program called simulationcraft which you can download here:

http://simulationcraft.org/

Just click the 'download latest release' in the upper right corner.

People use that little program to tweak different stats in order to see how it effects dps output, it also lets you import your own toons to see what their dps output SHOULD be or you can even tweak the numbers on your toons (so that you can see how different gear affects your performance).

Id like to know where you are getting weight values on Noxxic because Im not seeing them... I see stat priorities but no actual weight values...
          Last edited by littlewierdo; January 29, 2014, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Ok, looks like I had been looking at the old itemscore file. I didn't see that the dev team changed around the name some but after doing a wipe and fresh install myself I see the old one I had been looking at is no longer there.

So the numbers you posted are what's in there for a balance druid. Those numbers being a little different still doesn't change the fact that the priority is still the same, and is what is recommended as a priority by Noxxic for 5.4.2 (http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pve/druid/.../stat-priority). If you wanted us to make it more of a perfect match for Noxxic we'd have to take out the spell power number, and this is something that should still be there as spell power has the same effect as Int (minus the minor crit chance increase).

So, we have stat priorities already in place that are based on currently accepted (by people who use Noxxic) priorities, what exactly is it you want us to change?

Comment

The values / weight ratios are wrong. Its fine, Ill go in and change them myself, Ive been digging through the code and making some changes to fix the druid / horribly wrong gear suggestions that I mentioned in another post so it isnt a big deal to change the stat weights as well.

I would even go so far to suggest that even factoring in +hit hurts dps sub-level cap. The only reason you want the +hit is for raid bosses that are above level 90 (most raid bosses are level 93) where spell misses are a big dps loss, when leveling, you'll never encounter this issue.

As a sub-90 boomkin, the last thing Im interested in is Spirit, which Zygor is suggesting as the most important stat.

And what I mean by the ratios being completely wrong, all you need to do is look at my original post where I posted the values that are recommended by simulationcraft versus the values you are using and youll see that you are (as one example, Im not going to analyze them all) putting far too much weight on Haste, Crit and Mastery.

I created a small little spreadsheet that converts (just for the boomkin but I can do more if its helpful) the actual weighted values into your d20 system and Ive rounded the numbers since it appears your system doesnt use decimals.

You can look at the formula to determine how I converted the numbers to your d20 system, but it would be much more preferable if you just used the base number system everyone else uses so that no conversion was necessary.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Gc&usp=sharing

Comment

Working...
              X