Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Run Multiple Guides In The Same Window

Hi,

I would like to make a suggestion/request, not sure if someone else has made it or not, but I would like to run 2 or more guides at once, in the same window, or even a separate window.

Since I paid for all the guides, I should be able to use as many of them I want to at the same time :P.

For instance, so I can run my profession guide for instance, while also running the leveling guide, and not have to keep switching between the two.

Thanks
    Last edited by fr0z3night; February 1, 2014, 11:30 AM.

I'm not certain, but I believe this issue has been brought up before. I also would LOVE to have some Zygor UI which would allow what you are asking. The way Zygor guides is set up now, it's damned near impossible to do more than one single thing at a time. Yet, on my char's, I often work on a variety of guides. As it is, I cannot even find which quest, or which daily, or which reputation, or which daily quest, or which reputation daily guide to use! Zygor offers no means of allowing users to locate (and link to) a quest [name] in my Quest List. I would love to be able to click (or Alt/Click or something) a quest name and have Zygor load that specific quest step into my Zygor's Viewer. Otherwise, I spend 40 minutes trying to fast-forward through ALL the related Zygor guides trying to find one specific thing. Extremely frustrating and useless. The guides don't currently seem to have any interaction between each other and what the users are working on, ---- or, what the users may want to work on. I understand that all Zygor guides are designed to be as expedient as possible in regards to "time." But, that's valid if users only want to work on only one guide at a time. I don't use the multiple guides I purchased 'one at a time', since there are many related guides, each of which builds reputation or leveling professions. And, both of those are interrelated, especially in Pandaria.

Comment

This functionality is something we can't do right now. In order to do this we would have to double the memory usage to give just one more guide window and there are already some complaints saying we use too much memory right now. Do not expect to see something like this for a while as there are too many other things to address to be able to get to the point where we could think about this one.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

It would require a near rework of how the guides are managed and the guide display UI would require a complete overhaul but it wouldnt double the memory. You dont need to have the addon loaded twice to do this, you just need to have the UI capable of having multiple guides displayed and tracked in one window.

What I do, which isnt perfect, is I use the 'recent guide' tab which shows the last (8?) guides you loaded which allows for easy switching back and forth between what guides you are using.

Professions are another simple matter, I dont use Zygor at all. There are so many issues with the profession guides, namely that they are out of date and many more efficient methods have been developed that Zygor hasnt kept up with OR Zygor has you collecting WAY more (or less) materials than you actually need. In fact, Cataclysm Jewelcrafting is literally broken to the point that what Zygor suggests is a 25+ hour process for Cataclysm alone and there are much more efficient methods.

There are a few useful addons for adding and tracking the number of items needed to level a profession (LootCount, Farmit, and another that escapes my mind that is a text based list that looked very similar to Carbonite's quest log list that displays quest objectives while questing but for items - wish I could find it, been looking on and off forever) in conjunction with something like wowprofessions.com makes setting goals for leveling professions while leveling very helpful.

As a note to the above 'list' based items/goals, I did find this if you are using elvui...

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/elvui-itemcount
        Last edited by littlewierdo; February 2, 2014, 06:11 AM.
        Race and Class: Dwarven Priest Character Name: Jacq US server: Cenarion Circle
        Primary Spec: Shadow Secondary Spec: Discipline

Comment

Working...
        X