OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems Installing Zygor Guides Client for ESO on Windows.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems Installing Zygor Guides Client for ESO on Windows.

I have used the Zygor Guides Client for WoW for several years and am trying to install the new client for Elder Scrolls but I don't get an install file. Instead I get a group of files to be extracted to an existing file..... but I have no existing file....??? maybe i'm doing this all wrong .... please help.

p.s.
    I have already downloaded and installed (manually) the in game addon for the leveling guide... this is not an issue with that .... it is an issue getting the new "updater" istalled.

Thanks

****PROBLEM SOLVED****

It was an issue with Java on my PC .... Very long process but proud to announce that it was not an issue with your program ... it was a java issue ..... 4 hours of uninstalls, computer restarts, downloads and re-installs and just suddenly .... POOF.... it worked. Thanks for all the help!!
    Last edited by streetheat; April 15, 2014, 07:16 PM.

The new client is Java based. Make sure the file that is being downloaded has the .jar extension (sometimes IE tries to download it as a .zip extension). Once you have the .jar file downloaded and you are sure you have Java installed you should be able to run it. If not right click and select to open with the Java SE Platform.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
      The new client is Java based. Make sure the file that is being downloaded has the .jar extension (sometimes IE tries to download it as a .zip extension). Once you have the .jar file downloaded and you are sure you have Java installed you should be able to run it. If not right click and select to open with the Java SE Platform.
      Actually, IE shouldn't do this anymore. We changed the system so that all IE users get a zip with the client INSIDE. So it WILL be a .zip and you will want it to be that, otherwise you'll be renaming a valid .zip into a .jar. So if you're using IE download it normal, unzip it and run the jar inside. This only applies to Internet Explorer users.
      Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

I use Firefox but i am still having an issue with the file ... im going to try and upload an SS.

Issue.jpg
        Attached Files

Comment

maybe this one will be large enough to read ..... sorry about the previous attempts.

Issue.jpg

.... nope ..... they are all small for some reason.....

Comment

Try emailing the pic in to support@zygorguides.com and I'll see it there.
            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Glad to hear you got it working. Was the problem that you didn't have Java properly installed? That's the only reason I can think that Firefox would try to extract the files like that.
              Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

The problem was with the file I downloaded from Java itself. The file was corrupt. I just had to uninstall and reinstall until I got it to install properly. (ofcourse I was having to restart the computer between every step of the process to finally get it to work) Instead of completely uninstalling Java just wanted to update the corrupted file. Thus I had to do the restarts to "save/lock in" the uninstall and and clean download.

So again I say that your guides and installer were working as designed. It was an issue with the Java program being corrupt.

Hope this helps anyone else having an issue.

Comment

Working...
                X