New Java Client

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Java Client

I received an email stating that the new Java Client can manage both WoW and ESO with automatic downloads, background monitoring, and more and I am wondering if it will have a function to automatically load either game after updating like the old version?

Yes, you can use the Updater to launch the games if you wish.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

With the old version, it would load up, patch the guides, and automatically launch WoW without having to press any other buttons. I was wondering if this function would be implemented with the Java Client.

Comment

Not the auto launching like that. The old version you had to run each time you wanted to update your guides, the new Java client stays running down in your task bar and is constantly keeping your guides updated for you without you having to do anything. I'm personally thinking that once you have it running and you know you hardly have to look at it that you'll just use the normal game launchers. The only time you'll really need to touch the new client is if you want to check on a change log or double check what version you're running.

Comment

Didn't think of it that way. I have a batch file that I use that deleted the cache files for WoW (_NPCScan) then loaded the Zygor Client which launched WoW. Guess I better change the batch file to load WoW instead now

Comment

I just have a shortcut link to the Cache directory on my desktop that I open up and delete everything in for NPCScan. While double clicking a .bat file would be slightly faster I prefer to do it that way.

Comment

Working...
            X