Is guid playing up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is guid playing up

Hi guys...been using zygors for awhile now and absolutely love it...very quick to lvl indeed. However in the new patch all works good except one thing, and that is when i hand a quest in the guide seems to jump from say step 68 to 75.
    This is happening all the time either been lvl 80 or lvl 18 etc. is it broke or is it suppose to jump crap i dont need because im leveling faster then guide. When i say leveling faster then guide i mean i have 3 BOA pieces on my new hunter and of course we can do random dungeons.
    Hope u hve a answer because its very frusterating..
    Cheers

Yes, the guide is working properly. This skipping is the new Smart Injection System. It's main design is to allow people with pre-leveled toons to be able to find an appropriate spot in the guide to start working with the guide. The secondary design is to keep the guide advancing with your character if you level faster than the guide by skipping quests that aren't needed as part of chain quests.

If you'd like to turn off this feature so you can do every step go into the Dynamic Progression section of the guide options and un-check the 4 boxes and adjust the slider up to 80.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

The smart system doesn't appear to be working correctly. For example, I am playing a Dranei Shaman and just started leveling. I was skipped to a point in the guide where the quest it wanted me to accept was not available as I hadn't completed several pre-req quests.

Specifically I am a now a level 5 Danei shaman and it took me from step 34 to 38 (skipping the steps in between). The quest it wanted me to accept "Travel to Azure Watch" was not available.

When it skips and the step is colored with a blue background, does this indicate optional or required? Where is a faq/etc. I can read on all this new stuff? I couldn't find it?!

Comment

There is a manual being worked on to be released with the guides. The blue background means that the guide thinks the quest is one that can be skipped and a low level for your current level. As for the quest not being available to take in the starting area that would probably be a level thing. Some quests don't open up until you're a certain level.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
          There is a manual being worked on to be released with the guides. The blue background means that the guide thinks the quest is one that can be skipped and a low level for your current level. As for the quest not being available to take in the starting area that would probably be a level thing. Some quests don't open up until you're a certain level.
          It just skipped one step too many I eventually figured out... when I backtracked and did all the interim steps it became obvious what the error was.

Comment

I agree it is over stepping steps and causing undo-able steps because prequels are not done. Also it has the bad habit of asking you to get a quest jump ahead and hand in something that you haven't got because the step was not completed leading to that hand in.

I turned the settings off for the injection stuff ie; the Dynamic Progress options and it ignores it and continues to apply these options.

Another problem is that was in the older guide still exists, It asks you to get a quest, which gives you a quest item then jumps across the map having you do 30+ steps while that item is clogging your bag space.

The quests in Northrand tend to be completable within the same area as they were obtained, why won't the guide stop being tourist and jumping you all over the map when you could simply complete the block of quests in that area.

Comment

It sounds like you didn't turn it off completely. To do so you need to un-check the 4 boxes and adjust the slider to 80.

I personally let the guide do all the skipping it wants, until I hit the Outlands. I know there are a lot of quests that are dependent on faction in the guides so I just disable the SIS once I'm 60 heading to Outlands and do every step. An added bonus to this is that I'll probably hit 80 when the guide thinks I'm around 77 which will let me finish off the guide getting gold rewards instead of XP rewards to build up the bank account more.

Part of the reason for the traveling around like that is to get you to better quest XP rewards. It might have you pick up something cause you're near it and it's easy to get but going to the other location is going to be better for you at that point in time for the faster XP.

Comment

Have all 4 switch's off and slider to 80 still skips ahead incorrectly

Burning Crusade had more hop around than Northrend.

here is example of the skip ahead

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/b...710_105825.jpg

This toon is 74 and I have basically completed Borean Tundra / Coldarra area.

In Coldarra did not do 4 quests, 2 being daily's as shown in Every quest log.

Guide is loaded with Northrend 70-72 module.

Quest log shows I have no Coldarra quests.

It scrolled through and stopped at step 168.

It puts a check mark in front of Drake Hunt, it's confused over the daily and is expecting me to turn in Drake's Hunt which I have done but have not repeated as a daily.

It will then jump to step 174, I already have faced Saragos's End as seen in Everyquest log, and this is not a confusion over a daily.

I think two areas that need work are it's idea's of a travel step and recognizing daily's.

I don't consider for example getting on Walt's bench to get into the suit for the dark dwarf stuff a travel step but the guide does.

And the guide does jump over key steps to ones you cannot either turn in or pick up because of this quirk.

Now don't get me wrong that I might hate the guide, I do not but I do think it's logic is flawed in area's and has been for a while.

Comment

With what's in that picture you linked the reason it stopped on that step is because it never saw you capture the Nexus Drake and still thinks you need to do that. The guide is recognizing that you completed the 2 quests already, that's why they're green. In this case it appears that the mob and the quests aren't linked properly. Simply stepping forward in the guide should be good.

Comment

yes you can just click the button.

Your forgetting that Drake capture is both a first quest and then turns into a daily quest that repeats.

Also does not explain why it sticks a Saragos's End which is not a daily.

Comment

Can you post a pic of the guide window on that Saragos's End step that it stops at?

And the reason it stopped on that step with the drake isn't because the guide doesn't see the quest as complete. The green means it knows it's complete, which means it should have skipped the step and kept going. It has something to do with the capturing the drake portion of that step that made it stop there.

Comment

Actually, looking it over again and comparing to the guide, you have an old version of the guide because that is now step 166, not 168 like in your screen shot. Update your guide and see if it stops there again.

Comment

Working...
                        X