Auction Appraiser Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auction Appraiser Guide

It's available for me to download but every time I click or manually enter the web browser, it doesn't work. The page wont load......

Is something wrong?

Maybe it's something with your web browser not wanting to load the page. I just had it load up perfectly fine for me.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

So let me ask, what is the point of downloading the appraiser? I have a dedicated bank toon who scans the AH at least twice a day, morning and night to get a good sampling. So far I am making ok money by trusting my scans and learning what sells vs what does not.

What does downloading the database buy me in the long run? Simply allows me to avoid AH scans?
      Cairne Realm
      Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
      Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
      Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

I scan once a week to get baseline figures, but then will refresh individual items right before posting them to AH. Seems, on my server right now, materials and consumables sell much better than equipment (which is annoying as my DK has only just started skinning!).

Still, my bank toon was making 1-2000g a week just from AH'ing stuff my hunter and DK picked up questing for a few weeks there...
        Proud noob, opinionated nerd, and asker of obvious questions.

Main: Reliq (DK - 85).
        Alts: Baym (Paladin - 85), Aotearoa (Priest - 85), Selleck (Hunter), Reliqa (Warrior)

Comment

The appraiser that the original poster was referring to is the .pdf guide available in the Members Area. Not sure where you think you'd download a database to use with auctioneer.

Comment

Somewhere I read, thought it was the PDF from here but I read so much about making money off the AH I could easily be wrong, that you should download the database from the main auctioneer web page. I thought that was what y'all were talking about so never mind
            Cairne Realm

Comment

Nah, grabbing the database isn't worth it since the AH is always changing.

Comment

The AH is dependent on your specific server. Also, when you scan is important as well.
                I tell everyone in my guild to get the auctioneer addon and scan everyday for at least one week; two weeks is a safe database to start with, but most aren't that patient.
                Auctions are changing by who is selling, and the number of people buying. Keep in mind also that there are serious players out there, and weekend warriors. This changes what you will scan into your database.
                There is no way for any one database to give you the information you are looking for. The footprint would be huge. You would have to have at least 3 databases for each server in WoW; alliance only, horde only, and combined A&H.
                This is a long post to semi-detail the need to scan daily for a database you can count on. Hope it helps.
                "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Generally I scan twice a day to keep a good sample. I do miss days, like yesterday I did not scan at all, but I think my local DB is accurate.

I have found that, on my realm, it is best to post things Thursday night or Friday before 5pm is possible. Seems that I sell more during the weekend for more profit then I do during the week... the weekend warriors as you said. It also takes time to figure out what sells better and what just does not sell at all. That part is as much a gut feel as it is database
                  Cairne Realm

Comment

Weekends definitely do better; I make more in those two days than the other 5 combined. I wake up Monday morning and have a mailbox full of cash
                    Proud noob, opinionated nerd, and asker of obvious questions.

Main: Reliq (DK - 85).
                    Alts: Baym (Paladin - 85), Aotearoa (Priest - 85), Selleck (Hunter), Reliqa (Warrior)

Comment

Im pretty sure the weekends are a universal norm to sell your weapons and armour for good gold. Lots of those weekend warriors just buying what they can to boost their toon stats.
                      "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

I think this guide is really basic. Will there be an advanced one in the Gold-guide? There is a bunch of usefull config-stuff someone should have a look at and re-selling stuff is another topic too.

Comment

Working...
                        X