Addons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Addons

What other addons would be good to have also like a proffesion one cartiogrpher or somthing like that.

I got Recount, SellJunk, and gearscore. is there anyothers i should have.

Originally posted by ckirk605 View Post
    What other addons would be good to have also like a proffesion one cartiogrpher or somthing like that.

I got Recount, SellJunk, and gearscore. is there anyothers i should have.
    It really depends on what type of gameplay you want to have.

I do both questing and dungeons/raids, so my addons vary depending on what Im doing with which toon.

Since Im at work atm and cant access my account, Ill try to recall what I use.

*Zygor (first and foremost)
    *_NPC Scan
    *Autorepair
    *Auctioneer
    *Atlasloot
    *Deadly Boss Mods (DBM)
    *Gearscore
    *Gathermate
    *Gathermate Data
    *Identity (puts main toon name by alt name)
    *Recount
    *Onebag
    *Omen (threat meter)
    *Fishingbuddy

Those are the major ones I use on all my toons. There are others, but I cant recall the names right now, sorry. For example, I use an addon like crapaway, but another name. That sells all my greys and unusable greens for me.

So, best advise I can give you is see what others are using and why, and try them out for yourself.
    "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Okay i just did not want to use any that would affect this guide so i should go ahead and use the auction addon they supply then right?

Comment

The AddOn I like to use is Altoholic. It will tell you what you can make to get your professions lvled and it worked very well for me. I diviated a little here and there because of mats I DID have but it worked very well. Plus with it I can see my other toons professions if someone in the guild wanted to see my profession I did not have to log off the toon I was on and log on the toon that has the profession. Plus I can also look to see which toon has the mats I could us if I have them. It is a VERY handy AddOn.

Comment

You should be able to use any addon you want without it interfering with the guides. If you do by chance run across an addon that messes with the guide let us know, but there have been very few cases like this.
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamchak View Post
            It really depends on what type of gameplay you want to have.

I do both questing and dungeons/raids, so my addons vary depending on what Im doing with which toon.

Since Im at work atm and cant access my account, Ill try to recall what I use.

*Zygor (first and foremost)
            *_NPC Scan
            *Autorepair
            *Auctioneer
            *Atlasloot
            *Deadly Boss Mods (DBM)
            *Gearscore
            *Gathermate
            *Gathermate Data
            *Identity (puts main toon name by alt name)
            *Recount
            *Onebag
            *Omen (threat meter)
            *Fishingbuddy

Those are the major ones I use on all my toons. There are others, but I cant recall the names right now, sorry. For example, I use an addon like crapaway, but another name. That sells all my greys and unusable greens for me.

So, best advise I can give you is see what others are using and why, and try them out for yourself.
            what is the name of the addon that informs you what loot the mobs your fighting may drop? I used to have it been now I can't remember the name.

Comment

Originally posted by 1manarmy View Post
              what is the name of the addon that informs you what loot the mobs your fighting may drop? I used to have it been now I can't remember the name.
              Atlasloot is a good one to have.

And since Im not at work Ill copy/paste my addon folder now.

_NPCScan
              _NPCScan.Overlay
              !Swatter
              +Wowhead_Looter
              ACP
              Auctioneer
              AutoRepair
              BadBoy (Auto gold-spammer blocking and reporting for all the crooks that want to sell the gold they stole from others.)
              BagSaver (sells greys and all other items I cant use due to class)
              DBM (Deadly Boss Mods. A must if you run heroics/raids)
              DrDamage
              ElitistGroup
              Enchantrix
              Enchantrix-Barker
              GatherMate
              GatherMate_Data
              GearScore
              IceHUD
              Identity
              Informant
              MicroDeclineDuel
              MikScrollingBattleText
              MSBTOptions
              OneBag3
              Plugins
              Postal (Awesome mail addon)
              RatingBuster
              Recount
              SlideBar
              Stubby
              VisualHeal (use with VuhDo. Tells me if Im going to overheal, and by how much. Also tells me if another healer in group is gonna heal same target.)
              VuhDo
              VuhDoOptions
              ZygorGuidesViewer
              ZygorTalentAdvisor

Comment

Curious ... why have both gearscore and elitestgroup? I had not seen their mod before and reading about it I'll be adding it tonight. But, it seems to be a replacement for gs so why have both?
                Cairne Realm
                Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
                Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
                Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by antacus View Post
                  Curious ... why have both gearscore and elitestgroup? I had not seen their mod before and reading about it I'll be adding it tonight. But, it seems to be a replacement for gs so why have both?
                  elitist gives me a look at a persons build without having to target/inspect. When you mouse over a toon you will see what they have in each slot and its value. I use it mostly for new players with questions, and when we get ready for a new 10 man raid and we have to pug a player.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamchak View Post
                    elitist gives me a look at a persons build without having to target/inspect. When you mouse over a toon you will see what they have in each slot and its value. I use it mostly for new players with questions, and when we get ready for a new 10 man raid and we have to pug a player.
                    How do you set up the elitist add on? I am unable to view a persons build as you describe, just getting a gearscore.

Comment

Originally posted by 1manarmy View Post
                      How do you set up the elitist add on? I am unable to view a persons build as you describe, just getting a gearscore.
                      LOL
                      I just DL'ded it and made sure it was clicked.
                      Ill check into it more when I get logged on later today.

Comment

Working...
                      X