How can I make 5k gold quickly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I make 5k gold quickly?

I'm at Northrend and its my 1st time here I manage to buy a flying mount at Outlands but I'm unable to fly it at Northrend unless I pay 5k gold for the next flying skill which I only have 2k g which took me for ever to make, I don't fancy riding my horse getting killed ever 5mins
    Windows 10 Home
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5_7400 CPU @ 3.00GHz
    Ram 16.00 GB DDR3
    Graphic card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
    Asus pg279q rog swift 27-inch 165hz gaming monitor
    Razer Blackwidow Chroma Keyboard
    Razer Molten Naga mouse.

If it's your first time there you have to wait until level 77 before you can get the cold weather flying so having the 5k right now still won't do you any good. Blame Blizzard for their stupid ideas on how to mess with everyone.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I was in the same boat. My level 70 was fresh to Northrend and I had a huge gold stash of around 2500 so I feel your pain. Without having a level 80 to back me I also had to wait until 77 and save up the 5k the hard way.

1) suck up the pain and abuse the AH for 2-3 weeks until you make the cash. That is how I did it, works.

2) I am told there is a place to buy cold weather flying for 4k ... both my friends just did that about 3-4 nights ago. I had already forked over 5k so can't say personally.

3) You can make sweet gold by killing the rhinos in the Tundra. The meat sells for high $$ on my realm and the junk they drop more then covers repairs. Plus I was AoE killing and got about 2 levels on those alone. The rhino meat helps level cooking and the cooking dailies if you want to keep it. All around good deal.

4) stay in the first zone or stay on the roads. You should do just fine if you do that. I had to use my invis a few times when i strayed too far off the road but rarely got killed.
      Cairne Realm
      Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
      Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
      Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

Is cold weather flying not 1k? I've got some major saving up to do.
        Toons

Level 85 Night Elf Druid
        Level 85 Gnome DK
        Level 64 Human Warrior

Comment

Artisan riding is 5k in Dalaran -- I'm not sure it ever drops.

Artisan riding is on a sliding scale at Valiance Keep (Borean Tundra) depending on your faction with them. It drops to 4750 at friendly. I know it goes down to 4250 but not sure if it gets any lower than that.

Coldweather flying (Northrend) is 1k -- never gets lower that I'm aware of. Must be at least level 77 to purchase it. If first toon, then you're on ground mount until 77. If second or subsequent, then you can buy the book and mail it to another toon. The book can be used at level 68.

Comment

The point of not be able to fly in north at first toon before L77, is not that Bliz trys to be pure evil, but they want you to explore the land from the gound.
            Northrend is quite well made and have a lots of nice places to see

Comment

I'm currently levelling my 2nd toon with the help of Zygor and bought cold weather flying at 68 with my main level 80. It makes a massive difference being able to fly those early levels in Northrend - I went from 70 to 73 in one weekend

And, yes, cold weather flying is 1000g, not 5000g. Artisan riding is 5000g but you get rep discounts at Valiance or at Honor Hold in Outlands. I think I paid 4250 at Honor but then I'm Ambassador

Comment

at Honor Hold its 4K when your are exalted (which is easy to get when youre 80 and rush there solo through the dungeons, which is also a nice gold income ;-) )

Comment

thx for helping me. I guess I'll have to kill anything in my path til 77 lol that's properly take me till next week
                  Windows 10 Home
                  Ram 16.00 GB DDR3
                  Razer Molten Naga mouse.

Comment

It has been a long time, but I don't remember flying in Outland on my first toon until I was mid-60s (couldn't afford it) nor was I able to pay for the artisan flying / cold weather flying on him until I was getting close to 80 anyway.

If its any consolation, I forgot about the book on my second toon and used a ground mount in Northrend from 70 - 74 even though I had the funds available at 68. On my third toon, I mailed him the cold weather flying book at 66 and read it right after he dinged 68.

Comment

I have noticed lvl 70's flying about here so that must be how they able to fly at a early stage it would make my questing a lot quicker if I could fly about, I'm now 71 and have made 300g today just by questing and selling loot
                      Windows 10 Home
                      Ram 16.00 GB DDR3
                      Razer Molten Naga mouse.

Comment

I see many people say that it is only 1K to learn cold weather flying. And that is true, but you have to have Artisan Flying b4 you can get it and that costs at least 4K. So, yes, it really does take at least 5k to learn to fly in Northrend.

When I first learned that I thought I would NEVER earn that much money. I was really happy to learn that once you get to Northrend and can do Dailies you actually make money pretty quickly. By the time my ally toon reached level 77 I was ready! But then I had to bring up one toon on the horde side. Now with one on each side, I will purchase the cold weather flying tome for the rest of my little guys.

Walking = Suckage

Comment

You don't need artisan flying to learn cold-weather flying; my 78 DK has cold weather flying, and I can assure you I haven't dropped 5k on artisan flying
                          Proud noob, opinionated nerd, and asker of obvious questions.

Main: Reliq (DK - 85).
                          Alts: Baym (Paladin - 85), Aotearoa (Priest - 85), Selleck (Hunter), Reliqa (Warrior)

Comment

Originally posted by rokku View Post
                            You don't need artisan flying to learn cold-weather flying; my 78 DK has cold weather flying, and I can assure you I haven't dropped 5k on artisan flying
                            Cool. Learn something new everyday, now you saved me 4K!

Comment

Originally posted by rokku View Post
                              Thanks for that info where can I get the Cold weather flying skill? I can only see Artisan
                              Windows 10 Home
                              Ram 16.00 GB DDR3
                              Razer Molten Naga mouse.

Comment

Working...
                              X