Question about questing with the plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about questing with the plugin

I bought yesterday and so far it's doing it's job (I think). I'm a VERY new player. Not new to gaming, but new to WoW.

I had a level 15 human warlock and starting using the plugin at that point. Its first quests (jobs) it had me do was getting flight paths, but then stopped and started having me work in Darkshore after leading me away from Goldshire area by way of a boat.

Is this correct? It basically skipped me over Westfall and all of the other human starting areas? I've never power leveled a character like this before and am not sure if I'm going about this correctly.

Thanks! So far great tool

It's basically telling me to complete a quest that I haven't accepted yet (handful of oats). There are no oats anywhere, which I assume is because I haven't accepted the quest yet (wherever I'm supposed to...don't know where)

Comment

It sounds to me like you selected the 13-20 section of the guide manually instead of allowing the guide to find you a spot, you manually skipped something, or it got confused somewhere.

Try this, go into the guide options (right click the Z icon on your mini map) then in the Dynamic Progression section make sure skip impossible steps is un-checked and the other 3 boxes are checked and adjust the slider up to 80. Then select the Human 1-13 guide, step 1, and right click on the next step button of the guide viewer. If it stops at getting a flight path and you know you've already got it then just right click the next step button again. This should get the guide to sync up with you and hopefully fix all your problems.

Later on once you've gotten used to the guide more it's suggested you go back into the Dynamic Progression section of the guide options and adjust that slider back down to 0.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Hmm. I'm in the config window but don't see "dynamic progression" mentioned anywhere. Did I miss something?

Comment

Click the little '+' sign beside Zygor Guides Viewer in the left section, then you'll see it.

Comment

Oh geez. How the heck did I miss that

Comment

Nice. That did it. It directed me to the farmer's wife who needed oats. Sweet!!!

Geezus, this entire thing is on autopilot. Amazing.

Comment

Yep, sometimes it takes a little getting used to but once you know the addon you just fly along without even thinking.

Comment

Okay. I think we're getting somewhere. I changed all the settings and it got me through pretty much every quest in Westfall (I assume), but after giving the "patrolling westfall" quest back to Captain Danuvin @ Sentinel Tower (while using Human 1-13) it automatically switches to Main 13-30 and directs me to Darkshore again.

So the human part of the campaign ends at Westfall? Maybe I'm missing something. I just thought Darkshore was pretty far away from Westfall when there are other areas around Westfall within walking distance

Comment

The guide will have you traveling all over like that to do chain quests. You'll be back and forth between Westfall and Darkshore a couple of times. This is so you can do the lower quests in the chains while they still yield good XP for you.

Comment

You guys are quick

ok, that makes sense. I have to admit. It got me through Westfall pretty dang quick!

Comment

The weird thing, it made me uncover a flight path to Darkshore (dragons instead of gryphon) but I cannot connect the flight. Is the damn boat really the only way to get there? LOL

Comment

Another small setback. It's guiding me to mass-accept quests...which is why it goes so quickly. I got to the point in Auberdine where it wants to to accept "the cliffspring river" from Thundris but he doesn't offer it.

How did Zygor guide not know that I hadn't completed the smaller beginner quests yet for Thundris? Basically, I can't use Zygor until i complete those on my own i guess and return back to him to accept the quest Zygor is expecting.

Seriously though, thanks for all your help. I really didn't expect replies that quick

Comment

It was only quick because I just happened to log out of the game at that moment and checked the forums fast before work.

I think the Cliffspring River quest might be a level based quest for accepting. You might have to get it after you ding. Either way that's not part of a chain that you'll complete as far as I can remember so you can probably just skip it completely if you want to.

As for the flight path thing, Darkshore and Stormwind/Westfall are on 2 different continents and the only way between those 2 continents is thru either boat or teleportation spell.

Comment

Scratch that part about the Cliffspring River quest. Just looked it up and it's an introduction (go say hi to this npc) quest that you have to do to unlock it. Talk to Terenthis in the building near the exit of town to get the quest Thundris Windweaver. Then go talk to him to say hi and you'll be able to get the Cliffspring River quest.

I'll have to look at the links but it's possible that these 2 quests weren't linked together properly to make sure the SIS didn't skip the first one.

Edit: Oh, you have to complete How Big a Threat in order to unlock the Thundris Windweaver quest, supposedly.

Comment

Working...
                              X