Stopped working in retail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stopped working in retail

I tried to make a ticket but it wouldnt let me do that.

The guides still work in TBC but they have stopped working in retail. It does start but when I click the "click here to load a guide", I only see the options of Leveling (only goes as far as classic) and Favorites. My sub is still current. I checked the installation directory of retail and it is correct and the three paths are lit up as green.

I get this error on startup.

Error during initialization sequence 'NC startup':
    ...face\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\NotificationCente r.lua:266: attempt to index local 'guide' (a nil value)
    -- STACKTRACE: --
    [string "@[ZGV]\NotificationCenter.lua"]:266: in function `AddedSavedNotifications'
    [string "@[ZGV]\NotificationCenter.lua"]:72: in function `DoStartup'
    [string "@[ZGV]\NotificationCenter.lua"]:453: in function `func'
    [string "@[ZGV]\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua"]:680: in function <[ZGV]\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua:680>

Try doing a guide reinstall.

1. exit WoW
    2. go to the WoW/_retail_/Interface/Addons folder and delete any Zygor folders
    3. run the desktop client and install a fresh copy of the guides
    4. go back in game to test and see if that fixed it
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

That didnt fix it. For some reason it couldnt rewrite. I used the uninstall option to completely remove Zygor, then redownloaded and did a new install. For some reason it was then able to rewrite the folder. I should have thought of doing that first. Still don't know what went wrong though to make it stick its finger in it's ear. Anyway, thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
      X