Guide Viewer Causing Game Crashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guide Viewer Causing Game Crashes

I was using the Blackrock Foundry Mythic guide and after a certain point, the guide caused the game to crash. Now every time I load into that character the game just sits frozen when the guide begins to load in, forcing me to close WoW and re-open it. Now I cannot load in with this character unless I disable the guide and play without. Any help on how to fix this would be appreciated. P.S. for the devs, there is a step in the guide that is extremely long (which is the one that I am on when it froze), and the words are all mashed together and unreadable which is probably why it is causing this issue. As seen in the picture is the current state of my screen, completely frozen. Any time I click on the screen the windows "Program is not responding" window pops up and I have to force close each time
    Attached Files

Normally a game crash is caused by an addon conflict however we will start off here assuming it's the step you indicated causing it. Try exiting the game, go to your wow/retail/wtf/account/<your account name here>/savedvariables folder, and delete the Zygor files in there. That will reset the guide viewer so that it is not trying to load that same guide and step when you start the game. Let me know if that allows you to load that character.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Hello, thanks for the reply. This fixed the issue, however, the reason I believe that this is not a compatibility issue with other mods is that it was isolated to a single character. I tried to replicate the issue on another character and could not replicate it. If your team would like to try to see if it is a repeat bug the steps for me that caused it were

1: Be inside Blackrock Foundry Raid on Mythic difficulty, if not the bug may not reproduce because I tried with another character outside and it did not work.
      2: Go to STEP 8 in the Blackrock Foundry Mythic guide.
      3: Type Reload in the chat box.

This is the order in which I did things that caused the issue for me. Thanks again for the help!!

Comment

Working...
      X